• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b230R build

what do you classify as pushing hard.. we've done it a couple times at around the 20psi mark give or take a little.

With what turbo?

This thing is basically a 19t/20t with a little more flow up top.

I really need to get the car on a dyno and get the ignition and boost dialed in. So far it?s been pretty reliable with this setup (street tuned), and I?m starting to think I can drop boost and increase some timing outside of a few areas and get the peak HP numbers up higher.

With what turbo?

This thing is basically a 19t/20t with a little more flow up top.

I really need to get the car on a dyno and get the ignition and boost dialed in. So far it?s been pretty reliable with this setup (street tuned), and I?m starting to think I can drop boost and increase some timing outside of a few areas and get the peak HP numbers up higher.

3076 on my blue car, 16t on nick's 940 (well, 290whp, but still), mr bill's old 242 or 244, with some kind of ebay turbo. It was a bit of a surprise on nick's car, because td04. The common denominators seem to be ipd turbo cam, decent to good intercooler, good exhaust, and tunability (i.e. not LH, although if you were a sadist I guess you could do it that way too lol)

and fyi, the standard ebay 3in $100 intercooler does not qualify as a "decent to good intercooler"

Really? so how much power does a redblock make with 28-30 pounds of boost??? You shouldnt need anywhere near that to clear 300 hp.

It is clear that you have literally no clue what you are talking about with this simple statement.

3076 on my blue car, 16t on nick's 940 (well, 290whp, but still), mr bill's old 242 or 244, with some kind of ebay turbo. It was a bit of a surprise on nick's car, because td04. The common denominators seem to be ipd turbo cam, decent to good intercooler, good exhaust, and tunability (i.e. not LH, although if you were a sadist I guess you could do it that way too lol)

mrbills car had a holset and RSI stage 3 cam...

what do you classify as pushing hard.. we've done it a couple times at around the 20psi mark give or take a little.

That's about where mine made that power but it started needing more and more boost to make that number. Then again I wasn't tuning it really, just had e85 and did the ground wire advance trick on the old lh2.4.

It is clear that you have literally no clue what you are talking about with this simple statement.

How because no one else believes it takes 28 pounds to reach 300 and it doesnt. You also dont know the reason for the question. I know very much what Im talking about that's exactly why I asked. LOL

That 16t is very surprising!

I should also mention that it has a 0.48 AR housing on it for the quick boost response, and it?s definitely not as muck peak power as when it had the 0.63. Positive pressure at 2200 is really nice though. Might be able to go back to the 0.63 in the future now that we know the WG flapper was getting stuck and creating a leak which meant the car was real lazy into boost.

Current setup is a 93 squirter b230ft, IPD cam, gtx2860 w/0.48 turbine housing & ATP ultimate 3? WG adapter, 3?-2.5? downpipe with cat and muffler, NPR intercooler.

I see the exhaust housing size and the cat/muffler being in the way of our peak numbers (and my tuning!). Not sure how the NPR is doing since I haven?t even logged IATs.

How because no one else believes it takes 28 pounds to reach 300 and it doesnt. You also dont know the reason for the question. I know very much what Im talking about that's exactly why I asked. LOL

because you aren't talking about turbo sizing and flow, you are still concentrating on a peak boost number. Again, 28 psi through a straw isn't the same as 28 psi through a sewer pipe.

In your opinion how does the IPD compare to A or K ?

mrbills car had a holset and RSI stage 3 cam...

well then I'm surprised it made 300 with the rsi cam, it seems to be a bit of a dog in the other cars we've run it in (may be that they don't have big enough turbos tho)

because you aren't talking about turbo sizing and flow, you are still concentrating on a peak boost number. Again, 28 psi through a straw isn't the same as 28 psi through a sewer pipe.

But I dont need to talk about that to know you don't need 28 psi to hit 300 hp. :wtf: U love to argue with me about nothin... and stay trying to portray me as ignorant.

Damn playa verification of that is all over the place.

In your opinion how does the IPD compare to A or K ?

I'm not all that big on oe grinds, of those two I have run the K cam and found it to be alright, whereas for what most people on turbobricks are doing the ipd cam is really pretty awesome without having the 'big cam' penalties. The K cam fwiw with a programmable system is a fairly mild thing IMO, not the wild dead at low rpms deal people often describe.

did a back to back with it and an Enem C2 (fairly big boy cam) on the blue 242 with the 3076r and the C2 wasn't really any better.. and towards the end of the comparison it tossed a shim, ejected the cam gear bolt, and broke the thrust collar at the back of the head.. so it's on the wall of shame now lol. I have graphs somewhere of the two. Again, probably a case of not enough "stuff" to fully utilize the cam, with what appears to be a stock 8v, stock intake and stock exhaust manifolds it probably doesn't breathe well enough up where the cam would want to be.

That 16t is very surprising!

I should also mention that it has a 0.48 AR housing on it for the quick boost response, and it?s definitely not as muck peak power as when it had the 0.63. Positive pressure at 2200 is really nice though. Might be able to go back to the 0.63 in the future now that we know the WG flapper was getting stuck and creating a leak which meant the car was real lazy into boost.

Current setup is a 93 squirter b230ft, IPD cam, gtx2860 w/0.48 turbine housing & ATP ultimate 3? WG adapter, 3?-2.5? downpipe with cat and muffler, NPR intercooler.

I see the exhaust housing size and the cat/muffler being in the way of our peak numbers (and my tuning!). Not sure how the NPR is doing since I haven?t even logged IATs.

NPR should be fine, that's what nick has. Need to do another intercooler shootout on the dyno, I'm still amazed that the stock late model intercooler did better numbers-wise than the ebay 3in intercooler lol

But I dont need to talk about that to know you don't need 28 psi to hit 300 hp. :wtf: U love to argue with me about nothin... and stay trying to portray me as ignorant.

Damn playa verification of that is all over the place.

There are other people who have run high 20s for boost numbers on td04 framed turbos and made 275-290whp (kaplan on a 19t for instance) and others who haven't even had to run 20 psi to make well over 300whp on much larger units. Boost is just a number.

well then I'm surprised it made 300 with the rsi cam, it seems to be a bit of a dog in the other cars we've run it in (may be that they don't have big enough turbos tho)

Yeah, the RSI 3 definitely is more on the top end than others (it has quite a bit of duration @ .050" compared to other commonly available units)

There are other people who have run high 20s for boost numbers on td04 framed turbos and made 275-290whp (kaplan on a 19t for instance) and others who haven't even had to run 20 psi to make well over 300whp on much larger units. Boost is just a number.

Yes but why are you providing me this lesson that I already know? Does it some how change that he doesn't need 28 pounds of boost to hit 300 hp. Can we be done with this part of the discussion? I dont really see the purpose of continuing to beat a dead horse.

I def dont have anything else to say about it . Its quite redundant at this point.

Back