• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Storing the Kjet Fuel Distributor

Michael92

Hey,

I removed the kjet fuel system including the distributor and lines to keep as a spare and I was wondering if I should do anything to do before I store it? I have the lines and the air box with the distributor mounted on the fuel box.

Thanks

I would suggest that having the last gas dry in place in both the fuel distributor and CPR is not a great idea. Same for the Bosch injectors.

Sounds like the FD may already be out so a little late to load with fuel stabilizer

So is there anything I can do once the FD is out of the car. Can I pour Stabilizer into it or used compressed air to blow the old fuel out?

About the only thing to do is seal all ports and store in a closed container. I would invest in the the needed bolts to close all of the ports to ensure that insects did not find them a good nesting site. Down here in the South small wasps are going to close off any and all available openings with their eggs, dead spiders and enough mud to close it up.

The Bosch fuel system pieces have become so expensive that replacement cost will make you think about the overall value of the car.

I have the full system out and all the injectors are connected to the lines. I have the injectors which are connected to the lines and the FD still mounted on the airbox taken out as one piece. Do you think it is enough that the FD has the injectors and that I maybe close off the 3 or four lines that are open. I would like to preserve this piece the best way possible! Thanks for the insight.

I would hook up a fuel pump to the distributor and run some kerosene or diesel through the system. That way, it won't dry up and gum up everything. It's not hard to do.

Can I overpressure this kjet assembly if I run a fuel pump direct to the Main feed line? I have the one from a 2.1ft.

41926110001-933788387e-z.jpg

No, there is an internal fuel pressure regulator that will bleed off any pressure above the appx. 70 psi of the system.

Best make accommodation for the output of the return line port.

I apologize for starting you down this difficult path. What I would probably do is hook up an air hose to the fuel in port and blow the FD and CPR dry. A drop or two into the top of each injector would probably suffice.

Last edited:
When I stored mine, I removed the injectors (using a beefy drill press chuck to grip them and a wrench), removed the lines from the fuel disti, blew everything out, sprayed in a bit of WD-40, and hoped for the best. A fresh can of carb cleaner with the straw was just enough pressure to blow through the injectors themselves.

It would have been better if I could have pumped something through the empty disti to keep the gaskets from drying out, but I didn't want to store it full of any liquid. Nothing's bagged up, but I'm in Colo with low humidity and no bugs.

I blew the old fuel out and blew in wd40 but I think I will be blowing the wd40 out and spraying in silicon lubricant instead

Back