• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Berserker 242

I just added one of these to my well insulated garage.

I let it run for about 4 hours (5-9 pm) yesterday. This morning I was greeted with this (and low humidity).....

Latest update: Berserker's new home got some insulation. 2" of closed cell foam. The difference is incredible. Next I'll ne wiring in plugs and lights. I have 12 - 4 foot LED shop-lights going in. 4 on top and 4 on each side on the diagonal braces. Should be lite up like a paint booth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/czR4RaV0tKY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Closed cell foam is great stuff! We have a house that was built in 1883 with no attic ventilation, and going with 3" of it up there. It can be sprayed directly on the roof deck without the worries of moisture build-up causing rot to deck.
I wish I could do my garage as well, but I'm just going to have to go with fiberglass batts. My wife (the boss) won't allow me to spend "that much" on a "stupid" garage.
That's going to be a nice shop!
Steve

Congrats on the new home, and the shop! Mind if I pm you to get some details on the shop itself? We're in Missouri, and we've been pondering something similar for a shop building for me.

Nice insulated garage! I'm jealous. I have a metal skin shop (Quonset hut style). It gets the job done, but is cold in the winter and hot in the summer.

Its important to note that you have no ventilation air into the space. Spray foam insulation is excellent at sealing every little crevice. When using this type of insulation, its a good idea to have a fresh air ventilator (with heat recovery) to help maintain good air quality. This will be especially true when doing things such as welding, brazing, torch cutting and so on. With the doors closed and well sealed, it is very possible to get into a toxic environment when working in the space. If you ever plan on operating the vehicle in the garage with the door closed, you should invest in the exhaust transfer ducting to slide onto your exhaust. They often have a booster fan inline.

something like this will get the job done: ERV This size is likely overkill for your application, but would ensure good air quality. It would take about 60 hours or so to turn over the air in the space (assuming it's 20X20).

If you are worried about operating it continuously, you could get fancier and put it on a CO2 and/or CO sensor. For CO2, I would cycle it on at ~700 - 1000 ppm. For CO, I would cycle it on at about 10 PPM.

If you get a 'total' energy recovery, you don't have to worry about humid air as most of the ERV units are better than 90% efficient. If you buy the sensible only style, you will end up pumping a bunch of moisture in there when it is humid.

It's been a while since I've updated the build thread. Lots of changes. Biggest change is that where I live now, there just is not a close place to autocross. So I've kind of had a change in directions on the purpose of Berserker. What we have here is an abundance of car meets. From Crusin' the Coast to weekly car gatherings. My goal is to get out with the car car and enjoy. I've shifted from all out performance to a combination of performance and looks. Yes, I want to be an attention whore at shows. Below are some updates. I don't have a decent place to store photos, so the updates will be embedded from my YouTube channel.

I went ahead and purchased a lift. I'm getting too old to crawl around on the floor.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PoVA9sOn-zM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had started a back seat turbo install to try to keep as much weight off the front as possible. But now with plan change I've decided a more conventional up front turbo to be better.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0_hvLMPEnmw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've also changed to a Holley Hi-Ram and a Tick Performance intercooler. See below

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ldIOwkXhbEk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Woah. Very cool and glad to see you back at it! Bummer about the lack of racing/auto-x options, though!

What sizes/offsets are the wheels? I don't remember reading it. :)

Back