• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

question about dual b23 oil pressure sender/warning

VolvoLatAm

for the b23, the sendor/warning 1/8 NPT, right? and I am relocating the steering pump to that side, so I need 1/8NPT 45*? (sometimes depending on the room, some have adapters, some don't)

I know 1 psi is .06 bar, 30 psi = 2.06 bar

I am guessing I need like a 100 psi sender/warning combo if I have a 5 bar gauge?

1/8 npt thread. Get a steel 45 deg elbow. The sender will go up to 80 psi for a 5 bar gauge.

is the sender/warning combo even possible to find? I have found lots of pressure senders but no warning combos

also, what psi for warning, I found one that is 80 psi and 7psi or .48 bar warning

found this: VDO Pressure Sender, Part #360-009 - 0-80 PSI/5 Bar, 1/8-27NPT Thread, 7 psi Warning Contact

Last edited:
is the sender/warning combo even possible to find? I have found lots of pressure senders but no warning combos

also, what psi for warning, I found one that is 80 psi and 7psi or .48 bar warning

found this: VDO Pressure Sender, Part #360-009 - 0-80 PSI/5 Bar, 1/8-27NPT Thread, 7 psi Warning Contact

That is correct. One side is for stock output and the other is for your gauge.

I just recommend a steel fitting because if it ever has to be removed. The brass is soft and can be damaged easily. Third option would be the best bet. First option is good too.

I just recommend a steel fitting because if it ever has to be removed. The brass is soft and can be damaged easily. Third option would be the best bet. First option is good too.

ok, thank you for your recommendations, the brass stuff on the brake line connections tend to be too soft, so I think steel is a good option, just wanted to make sure it was hermetic--copper crush washers might be needed I think? or are the threads tapered including the joint?

The threads are tapered, no crush washer needed. Use a liquid or paste thread sealer. Thread tape can prevent the sender from getting a ground signal.

Back