• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrewhans 240 LS Swap, Going for 8's

Looks like you bought the wrong oil pan? The 302-2 is a lot longer than the 302-1 would fit without cutting the crossmember

Yeah I did buy the wrong pan.

If I had bought the 302-1 it would have fit with out issue on the crossmember. My alternator is also the big case alt and I'm figuring out now that the mounts were made with the small case alt in mind. Im having to trim the hood supports a lot.

Just as a info note for future turbo LS guys. The truck mabifolds work if you flip the steering shaft and go down and forward with the manifolds.

Because everybody loves painted things.

Last edited:
FtYNodQ.jpg

Got it running and idleing. Stock 240 rad does ok at idle with the fan on low on a stock truck thermostat. Also got the alt hooked up and as soon as I did my fueling req on the entire map almost doubled. When I first fired it I was about to rev cleanly up with no issue.

Now ive doubled to fuel in the whole map and it barely revs past 2k rpm without breaking up from being lean. Ive also nearly maxed out the VE table in a few places just idleing and revving.

When I get home Im going to try and load the initial base map that came with the gold box to try and start over. Very lost what would cause this **** revving.

Got it running and idleing. Stock 240 rad does ok at idle with the fan on low on a stock truck thermostat. Also got the alt hooked up and as soon as I did my fueling req on the entire map almost doubled. When I first fired it I was about to rev cleanly up with no issue.

Now ive doubled to fuel in the whole map and it barely revs past 2k rpm without breaking up from being lean. Ive also nearly maxed out the VE table in a few places just idleing and revving.

When I get home Im going to try and load the initial base map that came with the gold box to try and start over. Very lost what would cause this **** revving.

would you like me to send my msq? we have a pretty similar setup sans cam and turbo, but it should get you running and idling for now, also what is you fuel system situation? what pump? what lines? what wiring?

what's the req fuel? don't use the req fuel calculator, play with that number until your idle bins are in the 30's

Ill grab the msq tonight and post it up here. Walbro 450, 3/8 line from tank to rails, factory truck fpr with Volvo return line, 8 gauge wiring from bat to standalone relay to pump wiring. I have very good voltage at pump. 13.5v or higher. I reused the old lift pump hose on the new wlabro 450 bc it fit. Im pretty sure I blew the side out of it. Gonna pull the hanger check the hose and throw some new fuel line on it.

4.8 was the req fuel from the calculator. I think my fuel pressure is throwing everything off on my table. Going to leave my VE table alone until I get the fuel pressure up. Once I get that FP stable and correct I will absolutely play with the numbers until my idle bins land right around there.

Last edited:
Found my problem. Not sur eif you can see it but the in tank hose was split. Im assuming it was either **** to begin wifh or the 65psi of fuel pressure was too much and blew the side out of it. Oh well.

Heres something interesting. Turns out the materials they used on the walbro 450 connector arent submursible in fuel. Well at least the connector seal portion wasnt. Very swollen. Makes me wonder if I have a real Walbro 450. Oh well. I am mo itoring my fuel pressure and have safeguards in place if it drops.

Fired it right back up after undoing all the BS I did to try and keep it running with that split hose. Now I have 67-69psi fuel pressure at idle. Safe bet is that the single 450 is able to over run the truck regulator at idle. Once I get it up and driving if the fuel pressure comes down to the 58psi at 0psi it should be then I'll leave it alone. Just pulled a little fuel at idle to compensate for now.

Back