• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Project 755 - ErrnRRR

Let us know when you are ready man. We have templates for the mounts, a fixture coming soon for the sick header, and all sorts of notes on what's needed to get'r done!

I'd be interested in some mounts if you make them.

I'm currently using an early block and the 960 motor mounts bolted on, but I have RSI pistons and rods to rebuild a whiteblock for when i turn the boost up on mine, but I'm struggling to find another early block to put them in. The later v70 T5 blocks seem to be the better blocks and are far more plentyfull and easy to source, however i think are missing the bosses to use the 960 mounts. Probably more so on the exhaust side.

Yeah seriously if you can't do the mounts you're ****ed when it comes to the rest of the swap. The mounts are like a 30 minute job.

Well if the mounts are that easy then all the better :cheers: I hadn't even looked at it yet. Trying my best to not think too hard about the next project until I finish the current one.

I was just at RSI and got to check out the 755R. The engine looks like it was meant to be there and is SOOO low. The inlet for the turbo was pretty intimidating, I think it could accidently suck up a chihuahua. I can't wait to see it when there aren't wires draped everywhere.

I was just at RSI and got to check out the 755R. The engine looks like it was meant to be there and is SOOO low. The inlet for the turbo was pretty intimidating, I think it could accidently suck up a chihuahua. I can't wait to see it when there aren't wires draped everywhere.

Glad you like it! :) OEM looking was one of the requirements for the build right along with near OEM reliability with uhhh....a bit more wheel HP than Volvo may have originally had in mind.:-D I'm completely jazzed with the motor positioning since it's just about as low and far back as it can get without some serious firewall and crossmember modifications. I'll be very interested to see how the car's static corner weighting comes out so I can figure out a final resting place for the battery.

Who said Chihuahua inhalation would be accidental?

Quick photo update...powder coating FTW! Volvo should re-issue 740's, and this is what the engine compartments should look like!

BrickIC2.jpg

and the wet-look low angle shot!

BrickIC1.jpg

Not sure how I missed all of this...just spent the last half hour reading through it all, wow! I love all the attention to detail you've put into this build. The motor looks as if your 745 came right out of the factory that way and I'm sure that was your goal! I can't wait to see some videos of this beast! Keep it up man, huge inspiration!

Not sure how I missed all of this...just spent the last half hour reading through it all, wow! I love all the attention to detail you've put into this build. The motor looks as if your 745 came right out of the factory that way and I'm sure that was your goal! I can't wait to see some videos of this beast! Keep it up man, huge inspiration!

Thanks to all for the positive comments! As far as what it took to make it look factory, I think I need some new badges since the car has 740 parts, 760 parts, 850 parts, and more....I'll end up with a Volvo 2350+ if I add up my badges. Oh well.

As far as how it will drive, a guy I work with drives one of the new BMW 335i's, and I really like the feel of that chassis for a daily driver. I'll be working towards matching that car's ride quality and poise. Even if I don't get there, I'm hoping for "Raped Ape" in a straight line, and "Cat on Velcro" in the twisties.

Hopefully it will fire for the first time on Monday.

Oh yeah, and the reason nobody sees the thread is cause I'm a dork and put it in Showroom instead of Projects...sry.

Just wondering how you worked the AC? Looks likes it is in there.

The lines aren't done yet, but almost all of the system is stock 740 except for a lightly modified 960 compressor in the original accessory position. (If you look closely at the last two photos in this thread, you can see the nipple that was added to allow right-angle goodness.) The lines needed to be able to leave the compressor with a 90 degree bend to clear the intake plumbing, motor mount, etc and make routing doable.

So when do you turn the key?

It's looking like I am going to be running again before you... :-P

:ninja:

Any luck? I am respraying my front clip which is taking forever, so it buys you some time.
I'm probably 7-10 days from startup. Tick tock!

Last edited:
For the neenjas among us who shall remain nameless Kenny and Kyle, I have another little tidbit.

This is almost too pretty to hide behind a kick panel. All that remains to be done is wideband wiring and pre-fire checklisting, so I'd put first start at late tomorrow afternoon with about 90% certainty.

Observe the RSI sexy relay block and ECU mounting/wiring solution:

ECU-Relay1.jpg

and lookie....it's even on a factory-esque bracket!

ECU-Relay2.jpg

Back