• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Omfg!!!

C

CaptainWhoosh

hey all um...I heard something about ford and volvo merging? true? not ture? jw cuz im nto a big fan of ford, lemme know :) p.s. what does "p.s." standd for? p.p.s find me on myspace my email is starcrapola@hotmail.com, just send me a message and lemme know youre from turbobricks :)

hi there new person, you do know that ford currently own's volvo and has for many a year (thats when it all started to go wrong, RWD for teh win!!!)
Griz

My impression was that Volvo is still relatively independent and Ford only half owns them. Also, the evil FWD curse was moving into effect well before Ford bought them.

Stupid Ford... Never liked them... Never will. Too crappy of a company to make their own designs. They have to steel them off the ppl they buy out. (using the same platforms...)

(p.s. no offense to anyone who uses it, but the "omfg" sound like a preppy girls term. At least those are the only people i every hear it from...)

Ford owns all of Volvo car (not the truck division) since 1999. Volvo decided to sell the car division and it came down to Ford or Chrysler that was going to buy them. Volvo Car became a stronger car company after Ford bought them for U$6 Billion. Ford has for the most part left Volvo as its own car company. Volvo was all FWD when Ford bought them and Ford had no hand in this. Just so you know, Ford has done some great things. The F series trucks out sell any other car or truck and the Explorer is still top selling of all SUVs 15 years running. Just so you know, Volvo has also help Ford to become a safer auto manufacturer. If Ford left Canada, the economy would take a significant hit and many thousands in Canada would lose there jobs. Ford has been good to/for Canada. Beside Lincoln and Mercury, Ford owns Volvo, Mazda, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Aston Martin. If you truely hate Ford, watch out so you do not end up with any of these other vehicles.

SwedishBrick240 said:
Oh yeah, I missed that part. P.S. stands for Post Script.

also, a little known fact: i.e. = id est (latin for "that is")

... which is often used incorrectly in place of exempli gratia (e.g.) which is "for example"

boostdemon said:
... which is often used incorrectly in place of exempli gratia (e.g.) which is "for example"
Thats the other one I was trying to think of. Thank you. And yes, you are correct about its misuse and it pisses me off for some reason...

Back