• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ovlov Gp-A 240T update

Gp-A 240t

We had a great weekend at Muscle Car Masters, in Sydney 1st weekend in September. It was great to have Robbie Francevic back 25 years after his ATCC victory in the Volvo 240T, in what may have been his last competition event. The usual dramas, with a couple of head gaskets blown, but each fixed overnite (both nights), so we were still running on Sunday with a strong finish. I had a film crew there so it's all captured for posterity.

Now preparing a fresh motor for the Sandown Historics 1st weekend in November, Sandown V8 Supercar supports 3rd weekend in November, then Phillip Island Historics end of Feb 2012, followed a week later by support category races at the Australian F1 GP 1st weekend in March 2012!

240T Group-A in Oz update

The 240T is running in the VHRR Historic meeting at Sandown Raceway, Melbourne this weekend, with my mechanic Scott Fleming behind the wheel. Broken diff in Friday practice was replaced by 8pm Friday evening.

I will be driving the 240T again at Sandown Raceway in V8 Supercar support races in 2 weeks time.

End of Feb 2012, with a fresh motor, I'm running at the Phillip Island Historic race meeting, then a week later in Gp-C/A support races for the 2012 Australian F1 GP at Albert Park, Melbourne. I'm looking forward to sharing this great track with Mark Webber and Seb Vettell!

Australian race results are available at http://www.natsoft.biz/cgi-bin/results.cgi?2011

Video of Robbie Francevic driving the 240T at Muscle Car Masters, Eastern Creek September 2011, including prep, will be available soon.

Richard Prince
www.ovlov.net

The 240T is running in the VHRR Historic meeting at Sandown Raceway, Melbourne this weekend, with my mechanic Scott Fleming behind the wheel. Broken diff in Friday practice was replaced by 8pm Friday evening.
what broke? is it a clutch type diff? do you run a cooler on it?

thanks.

be sure to post u when your racing in NSW again, id love to come and watch. kicking myself that i didn't read you were going to be at the muscle car masters till it was to late.

Hazelton 240T Gp-A

Hi Turbobrickers,
I thought it was time to post a requiem for the Hazelton Gp-A 240T. Some of you probably heard that I sold the car when I retired 2 years ago - could no longer afford to keep racing, having spent around $500k competing from 2005-2015!
I sold the car to a fellow competitor, expecting to see the car on the track in Australian historic racing events, as I had done for 10 years since restoration. Unfortunately the new owner sold the car late last year. It has left Australia, where it had all its history, and is now in France, where it has none.
Fortunately Mark Petch, who bought a Guy Trigaux Motorsport 240T at the end of 1984 and took it to New Zealand and Australia, is now competing this car, as well as a recently restored Eggenberger 240T in Australia and New Zealand.
So, my job is done. I campaigned the Gp-A 240T in Australia for 10 years to keep the Volvo racing flag flying - now Mark Petch has taken over those reins.
When I sold the car I prepared a Gp-A Volvo 240T "Owner's Manual" for the new owner. This included the history of the car, and all the details of its preparation and presentation. I thought a few of you fellow enthusiasts might be interested, so I will try to attach the "Owner's Manual". If I fail, can someone tell me how to attach a PDF to this post?
Best regards,
Richard Prince

Attachment

I tried to follow those instructions but at the bottom of the page it said "You may not post attachments"! Does someone else have more "permissions" - I could send you the PDF to attach.

I tried to follow those instructions but at the bottom of the page it said "You may not post attachments"! Does someone else have more "permissions" - I could send you the PDF to attach.

Hello Richard. Hope all is well with you.

You will need to host the file somewhere and provide a link for people to download it.
Someone here may be able to do that for you, I no longer have my own hosting so I can't help unfortunately.

Thanks for making that available Richard. It's a fascinating read. I'm especially intrigued to see that you originally used standard 240 rear calipers, and presumably standard disks? They must have got rather hot?

Back