• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Buchka 242 Daily Driver

I love the work. But talking like making calliper mounts, making 2 peice rims, the throw out bearing arrangement on the w58. Etc etc on top of every other job. Well, it's not how most people manage this sort of thing, as we aren't engineers with European training.

Not to take away from the work you do, but you guys are very fortunate to have your life situation.

Yes, because knowledge, creativity and skill are things that you can only have assigned to you from some pile of luck somewhere. :roll:

I love the work.

Cool, you can leave it there

But talking like making calliper mounts, making 2 peice rims, the throw out bearing arrangement on the w58. Etc etc on top of every other job.

You may want to rephrase, this is not a complete thought. You are missing a subject and verb in these two sentences.

Well, it's not how most people manage this sort of thing, as we aren't engineers with European training.

Again, incomplete sentence. Sounds like you are complaining about the fact that you haven't the resources or ability. Then again, this is an incomplete thought.

Not to take away from the work you do, but you guys are very fortunate to have your life situation.

And this is in response/as a critique to what, exactly? Because you really are implying that their achievements are less noteworthy due to their background.

You're coming off awfully pommy here, VQ.

Also, Erik, per below:

:finger:

Last edited:
I love the work. But talking like making calliper mounts, making 2 peice rims, the throw out bearing arrangement on the w58. Etc etc on top of every other job. Well, it's not how most people manage this sort of thing, as we aren't engineers with European training.

So by your logic he should stick to bolting on second hand IPD parts so as not offend you with his privilege? :???:

Yeah totally. Check your privilege at the door, Alex. Stop sharing cool stuff you do to your car on the internet, lest it offend someone.

Me everytime I open up a Buchka thread:
IpSG3NkvZ6XAs.gif

Glad I'm not alone.

Damn. Thought I was going to see some more cool Buchka goodness, but nooooo. Someone had to be an ***hole. Good on ya Harland, and nice breakdown too.
It is not fully the engineering degree, the European training, or skill. He applies himself with these tools. That is what makes the difference- it is a mindset. I suppose haters are gonna hate.
Love the work that went into this car. It provides ideas and goals to attain.
Peace

Not really sure how to respond. Thanks for the compliment I guess? Don't really understand what is driving the thinly veiled insults.

I didn't pop out of the womb knowing which handles to crank on a lathe or how to use a welder and I certainly didn't learn it sitting in a lecture hall. Designing and fabricating stuff is something I'm passionate about. I have, and still do, spend a lot of time learning and failing at it. I don't own a TV, I rarely go out drinking, the vast majority of my time outside of work is spent in the shop or at my computer working on projects for myself and my friends.

I recognize that I'm fortunate to have access to certain tools and equipment through my employer but the skills to use those tools are hard won and definitely not something exclusive to my "life situation".

Not really sure how to respond. Thanks for the compliment I guess? Don't really understand what is driving the thinly veiled insults.

I didn't pop out of the womb knowing which handles to crank on a lathe or how to use a welder and I certainly didn't learn it sitting in a lecture hall. Designing and fabricating stuff is something I'm passionate about. I have, and still do, spend a lot of time learning and failing at it. I don't own a TV, I rarely go out drinking, the vast majority of my time outside of work is spent in the shop or at my computer working on projects for myself and my friends.

I recognize that I'm fortunate to have access to certain tools and equipment through my employer but the skills to use those tools are hard won and definitely not something exclusive to my "life situation".

You didn't claw your way out of a Somalian orphanage to get to where you are in life, therefore you do not deserve recognition for your work anymore than I did for jury rigging corrugated hose to an S2000 air filter.

Or so the logic goes, I think :roll:

VQ,
My son and I had the privilege of staying with the Buchka's for a few days a couple of summers ago. I don't think they are lucky. I think they have earned everything they are credited with. They are very nice, humble, down to earth and brilliant brothers. I consider myself lucky to call the Buchka's friends.

VQ,
My son and I had the privilege of staying with the Buchka's for a few days a couple of summers ago. I don't think they are lucky. I think they have earned everything they are credited with. They are very nice, humble, down to earth and brilliant brothers. I consider myself lucky to call the Buchka's friends.

^^ this.

But let's give VQ a chance to clarify what his interweb typed words were meant to convey in reality.

Back