• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Back to dreaming again *sequential turbos*

Twin 13Cs. I know you wanna.

That actually wouldn't be the worst idea for a ~350hp setup. Twin parallel I mean, actual twins. There are some distinct advantages to twin mono-scroll turbos on an inline 4 or inline 6, vs. a larger single twin-scroll.

That actually wouldn't be the worst idea for a ~350hp setup. Twin parallel I mean, actual twins. There are some distinct advantages to twin mono-scroll turbos on an inline 4 or inline 6, vs. a larger single twin-scroll.

I was actually trying to get a rise out of culberro the other day with "hey, how about twin 14Ts off a LPT whiteblock in my current engine?!". Long story short the conversation went from "don't be stupid" to "actually it would not be such a terrible idea!" with surprising swiftness. Plumbing and packaging would definitely be kind of a pain in the dingus.

There's no way that with this setup, I'd be going for 350hp. More. Moar. Big numbers throughout the revs. So I guess then the only question I have is for the big choo choo...now don't let your faces blow up...how much boost can I build a b230 16v to handle? This won't be a drag wagon, it'll be a weekend warrior so no concrete filled block bs either.

What fuel are you going to use?

You don't need a YUUUUGE amount of boost to get a 16V up to 350hp. (Did you mean whp?). I *think* I was around that on my last iteration of the 16V in my wagon - around 20 psi of boost more or less.

I never got that dynoed, but it felt a bunch faster than it did on the previous setup, which did get dynoed at 304-ish whp.

I was using a RSI divided scroll header and a BW EFR 7064. And running on E85, a head ported by Kenny, stock cams, h-beams and forged pistons.

the only reason to do sequential turbos is when you're trying to run more than about 35psi. at the same time, twin 13c's sounds fun. that would make a good project for your free time

Last edited:
Ok just going to add to the thread and see what happens. Sure I've thought about taking 2 11gs off an ME7T6 and chopping off the 3rd runner on each exhaust manifold blocking it off and adapting an b2308v exhaust manifold flange. Or maybe copy what some of the SRT4 guys used to do. But money. Sure yes I've thought about finding a junkyard MB 230 Kompressor and find a way to strap the supercharger onto a Volvo 240. I will probably never do these things though.

Packaging isn't a problem when it's done for you, look at this beauty!!! Almost Plug-n-Play :cool:

su11onDl.jpg

Dkjh5h3l.jpg

2rJZzVbl.jpg

ohOdxxQl.jpg

bbRKuI9l.jpg

6c7Fatul.jpg

JWVMZosl.jpg

SV3jx2Pl.jpg

0gbaBPul.jpg

Now stop chatting and get to work...

That's a nicely packaged system, looks like from a BMW diesel?

I did the CAD design work on this big honkus back in 2006...it was for an American diesel V6 in a small medium-duty truck application that never made it into production. It was a series-sequential system with an active turbine bypass valve and passive compressor bypass valve.

HeUUh5zl.jpg

ag3Tg1jl.jpg

Sh66fk1l.jpg

What fuel are you going to use?

You don't need a YUUUUGE amount of boost to get a 16V up to 350hp. (Did you mean whp?). I *think* I was around that on my last iteration of the 16V in my wagon - around 20 psi of boost more or less.

I never got that dynoed, but it felt a bunch faster than it did on the previous setup, which did get dynoed at 304-ish whp.

I was using a RSI divided scroll header and a BW EFR 7064. And running on E85, a head ported by Kenny, stock cams, h-beams and forged pistons.

So where do I find a RSI twin scroll manifold?

Or find one someone isn't using. I'm no really 'using' mine right now per se, but I'm not selling it either.

I'm not sure you'd really want to - maybe it was the BW EFR turbo I used (which was NOT huge, pretty neat and tidy) but it stuck the turbo where the exhaust cam gear was. I had to use a spare 16V exhaust flange as a spacer (with gaskets on both sides and long studs), and another half inch spacer between the manifold and the turbo (another bare flange). And even then the turbo hotside was --> <-- this close to the timing gear, so I made a heat shield.

All in all, the turbo placement could have been better.

Back