• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

140 seat options

Made brackets to move seats 6 inches rearward. Considering selling if there's interest? For off road use only ofc.

His '71 has a different mounting scheme for the seats.
240 seats are anchored by m8 bolts on a 370 mm wide track, but the 140 seats have some weird eye bolt up front and angle bracket in the back, so it'd be more of a challenge to move them back or adapt.

I think His problem is more related to the aging foam and bolster-less seat style of the 140 seats.

If you are budget limited. New foam and double up the pirelli straps. Then upgrade the seat belts. That will hold you better and for a lot less effort than completely new seats. Although if I had to get new seats. I like the C30 seat suggestion. I've seen them and sat in them and they are a really nice seat.

Forget about anything E30. The market is hot for their parts now and the used set of Recaro seats will need to be recovered after you spend a bunch of money buying them.

I think His problem is more related to the aging foam and bolster-less seat style of the 140 seats.

Precisely.

Dave, I did find a set of local E30 sport seats for $150 that I could easily recover with a period tweed. They actually look pretty decent. But you're right, usually, the affordable ones are beaten to piss.

I'm personally a big fan of old recaros 'if' you can find some for a good deal, that's the tough part. The ones in my 242 are the most comfortable car seats I've ever been in. I put a cobra vintage seat in my 122 and I have mixed feelings on it. Mostly though, that comes from the type of seat that it is. The vintage style seats have zero bolstering on the upper body and it could use more lumbar for my ruined back.

I put some Reverie Mulsanne C carbon fiber seats in my 142gt and wish I had these seats in all my cars! Super comfortable, short trips, long rides, daily driving...AWESOME!

I put period correct Recaros in my 71 145

They fit/look nice

01212_gb8wZIshvnQ_1200x900.jpg

Ahhhh...super comfy! I have a set of e21 Recaros in my BMW e9. Is that a Scheel seat you have for the drivers? Super rare, awesome seats...had a set in my '76 Targa.
I STILL can't post pics! I've been here 6 years.....

The driver's seat is actually an original Recaro Rallye I that was available from the VCS catalog
Part # 552305

00v0v_9A9eXDF4ewz_1200x900.jpg

I have something very similar in my 122, made by Cobra:
XP9tA94.jpg

It's pretty comfy. Idk how long it'll stay in there though. I really want something more like a modern Recaro. This seat doesn't have enough lumbar for me and the way it tapers off at the top of the seat feels really strange compared to modern stuff.

Yeah I think they'd probably blow the budget.
What I really want is something like a P2 V70r seat in terms of design but in a manually adjustable format.

Back