• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Tires

nel621

Where do you shop for tires? I have a couple of Volvos with the OE wheels, mostly Coronas, which of course are 14 inch . Going to need a few sets of tires asap. Where are you guys shopping? Amazon, Wally world, Tire Rack, etc. ???? Thanks

Discount/America's Tire for me. I usually buy the cheapest they have for DD status, free rotation and patches. Also never buy the road hazard warranty until you need it, the only thing is they make you buy em for all 4. Truthfully never needed it.

I've been using General RT43s in 195/70r14 and have been happy but not super impressed. I got them from Tire Rack but my local Discount Tire franchise is well managed.

my local Discount Tire franchise is well managed.
This also. I drive past the closest location due to them being dickheads and ripping off my wife, then doubling down when called out. The one a little further never had an issue.

I just bought 2 sets of snow tires from tire rack for really cheap that were advertised with 2017 date codes. They actually ended up having 2018 date codes

I pull up a promo discount from Costco and take it to my local Ford dealer which will match or come close to matching the price and are local rather than 60 miles away. The local Ford store includes lifetime rotation.

Costco currently has a $150 discount on Michelin brand.

Did that today on $900 of Michelin tires (not for a Volvo).

My problem is too many cars that get driven infrequently. I can get a set of 4 NEW Goodyear Viva 3 date code 2018 for about $200 all in. Mounting and balancing I can get done for free. I don't need a high performance tire, speed limit is only 65. I'm in no hurry when I drive. Right now I need 2 sets of 4. The one set I'm replacing have some cracks on the side wall but hold air and great thread. This set will go on the coupe you see in the pic until I get around to doing a restoration on it. I looked for used tires but nobody had 14 inch. The ones I did find were more worn than what I'm replacing and they had the nerve to ask $40 for a tire.

I do have an extra set of Virgos and of Multi X wheels but I want to keep the OE wheels for this application.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-195-...brand=Goodyear&_trksid=p2334524.c100667.m2042

s-l500.jpg

Back