• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

78 242 dash lighting

adamdrives

Hey guys, I finished my manual swap/heater core/evaporator replacement in my 242, and got the dash back together, but I have one small bulb that I can't find a home for. Anyone knows where this goes? It's in series for the small bulbs in the hazard and defroster switches. It's the empty bulb holder with the part number on the harness coming out to the right. Thanks

It plugs into a plastic light pipe that illuminates the heater and fan controls on the back side of the cover.

My pipe has two round bulb holders that plug into it on either side. I don't believe there was room for a square in the middle.

Check again, the light pipe has only one bulb. It's inside the cover at the top.

GR-44532_58.png

Huh. Is that the plastic piece that snaps into the console and has the "warm/cold" and 1 2 3 4 fan speed legend on it? Or is it a separate piece that goes above. Mine has two larger bulbs in it which break up the bar into thirds.

At least in the later dashes there’s a light pipe for the heater/temp legends and a light pipe under the coin tray that illuminates the switches from above. I’ve never worked on an early dash car but if they have a similar arrangement I bet that bulb is for the latter.

Back