• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

[240] front lower control arm, rear bushing - any solid options?

DrZiplok

We're killing these in a weekend of racing - just tried the Powerflex blacks, and the same basic result.

I think it's a mixture of heat (always the RHS that fails) and abuse, but we upped our heatshield game this time around and the bushing still came apart, so...

I've seen STS have solid Delrin parts. Short of the Sellholm arms, does anyone else do a spherical rear bushing?

TIA.

There is a Swedish outfit offering a copy of the Sellholm arms with the weld-in rear bushing.
Perhaps someone recalls a name for them?
Otherwise the Sellholm product is the Cat’s pajamas. But you’ll pay for it.

We used to offer some kick ass 4130 welded control arms that used rod ends.
racearm_1024x1024@2x.jpeg

For our current work flow and equipment we decided to stop offering them as they are not scalable and take too much labor to make. We will be offering a machined from solid setup sometime in the near future that utilizes rod ends.

Anyone whos run these arms can attest to how huge the upgrade is.

We will be offering a machined from solid setup sometime in the near future that utilizes rod ends.

Anyone whos run these arms can attest to how huge the upgrade is.

They look kinda fragile. Would you like someone to beat on your prototypes a bit? 8)

We found that stock rubber replacement bushings lasted longer than poly when rally racing.
More compliance, but less breakage and shock loading.

We're killing these in a weekend of racing - just tried the Powerflex blacks, and the same basic result.

I think it's a mixture of heat (always the RHS that fails) and abuse, but we upped our heatshield game this time around and the bushing still came apart, so...

I've seen STS have solid Delrin parts. Short of the Sellholm arms, does anyone else do a spherical rear bushing?

TIA.

We made our own Delrin bushings they have raced over 50 endurance races no issues, simple and cheap to build.

https://www.motorsportshop.nu/epage...Path=/Shops/motorsportshop.nu/Products/100042

Same product

http://www.retroturbo.com/?product=volvo-240-260-adjustable-front-wishbone-set

This has been the arm in the back of my mind as an eventual upgrade. I haven't been able to find much discussion of its use around these forums, but my understanding of the rear arm location is that it bolts into the bushing cup, although I'm not sure there's not something missing there.

We've got a set of STS delrin units that'll go into the new shell when we get there. We're going to have heat generation issues on both sides of our engine bay so... we'll let you know. Provided y'all don't beat us out to the track.

Do you guys have any pictures of the exhaust routing as it passes the bushing?

Last edited:
Back