• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Intercooler routing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was....but Lotus did it, for real.

He's right...
lotus-soyasmooth-for-all-hair-types-conditioner-150-g.png

Thread does not deserve this input but yeah, the air entering the turbo under vacuum should actually be slightly cooler than ambient due to the combined gas law PxV/T = k k= constant. So any gas under a vacuum in a constant volume will reduce it's temperature, conversely after the air is compressed by the turbo it will be heated and thus necessitate the use of the intercooler to reduce the temperature before entering the combustion chamber.

I toyed with that idea actually. Inject water into a downpipe, in attempt to cool the exhaust and reduce the back pressure. No idea what the gain would be.

That doesn't make sense since hot air is lighter and easier to "move" than cool dense air.

I toyed with that idea actually. Inject water into a downpipe, in attempt to cool the exhaust and reduce the back pressure. No idea what the gain would be.

You know what happens with water when it starts to boil? I think this will create more backpressure than anytbing else ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back