• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LS Swap - AC Compressor Flathood clearance

toms_elleck

Does anyone have a solution that leaves plenty of clearance and is good quality?

I just measured my engine, and the bracket kit from ICT will be extremely close. Like, a quarter inch or less:
551472_3_2_.jpg

https://www.ictbillet.com/ls-sanden...er-compressor-bracket-kit-ls1-ls3-ac-lsx.html

I see that Dirty Dingo and several others make kits. Some provide measurements but some don't. I want something that will keep the compressor as low as reasonable, decent construction, and keeps the belt well tensioned. This one looks like it hangs down lower without the bracket on top:

AC.jpg

ad_comp_dims-390x293.jpg

https://www.currentperformance.com/shop/lsx-engine-swap-ac-relocation-bracket/

I'm using a 6.0L truck motor, but have converted all my accessories to Car spacing:
JCFFkogl.jpg

Are you putting a turbo in there as well? Corvette accessories put the compressor down low on the passenger side, underneath the exhaust manifold.

Corvette.jpg

Are you putting a turbo in there as well? Corvette accessories put the compressor down low on the passenger side, underneath the exhaust manifold.

Corvette.jpg

Nope, no plans for a turbo. That sounds like a great idea, thanks!
I didn't even think to try and keep it OEM. That's really ideal.

I probably should have mentioned - Corvette accessories don't mech well with car accessories, int he same way car accessories don't mesh well with truck accessories.

They do, however (with the proper non-generic, short pulley WP) reclaim an inch or so of clearance around the front of the motor. Which you may or may not need, depending.

id say do the dirty dingo one or just mod a truck bracket. the trailblazer ac compressors are alot smaller and the lines look much nicer then the standard truck stuff.

I probably should have mentioned - Corvette accessories don't mech well with car accessories, int he same way car accessories don't mesh well with truck accessories.

They do, however (with the proper non-generic, short pulley WP) reclaim an inch or so of clearance around the front of the motor. Which you may or may not need, depending.

Gotcha. Yeah that spacing can be crazy. I do have a truck pulley, so I will seek out something that works with that.
Luckily there are plenty of aftermarket low-mount kits available for any configuration. I?ll poke around a bit and find one that doesn't hit the crossmember or anything like that. But I should have plenty of room.

id say do the dirty dingo one or just mod a truck bracket. the trailblazer ac compressors are alot smaller and the lines look much nicer then the standard truck stuff.

Thanks! Yeah, the Dirty Dingo one looks super simple and clean.

https://www.dirtydingo.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=373_376&products_id=1757

I do have one of the smaller compressors (Maybe it's the trailblazer one?- I'll check the P/N)
I also have a set of GM and a set of Volvo lines, to re-use the ends and have custom lines made.

I'll measure up some stuff tonight and make sure I'm ordering the right stuff. Thanks guys!

Back