• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

clutch fan ??????????????

90volvo

Im doing t +T on my sons 93 240. I dont want to put an electric fan on it for the main cooling fan, I know all the benefits etc of the electric but for my son Im going with mech. fan route.So, moving on- I purchased a tropical clutch fan for it with out the plastic fan. So I recieved the tropical fan and on the bench comparing the tropical to the original the original one has more reistance than the new tropical? Is that typical or could it be that the new ones are not as good as the old tropicals and just maybe he had a tropical on his car w.o. us being aware of that when we bought it?
I do have another 240 with that all untouched and the clutch fan on it is loose as heck. Im thinking Im going to just use his original clutch fan. Im looking for the most cooling effect I can get. Thanks

Im also working to get his intercooler tucked in so we can get radiator in original position to run the mech. fan with fan shroud.

So I recieved the tropical fan and on the bench comparing the tropical to the original the original one has more reistance than the new tropical?
My read on that is that your test method did not approximate real world conditions closely enough to be relevant.

Back