• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How to setup a 15g/16t/18t/19t for RWD

I want to purchase one of your turbos and a down pipe if possible. I cannot pm you because I am registered but unable to post. I tried to register again, but I never get the confirmation email to activate me. Can you please give me some other way to contact you? Also, if someone is reading this that can fix my registration, I would appreciate it as this is causing a delay in my Brick's progress...and my need for boosted goodness ;)

Thanks,
Doug

right now the only turbo i have is a fully rebuilt 15g that i still need to setup(it is being rebuilt right now) so ... $450 dshipped for that one

and you can contact me @ thelostartof at thelostartof.net

So that one would be basically "new" condition clocked to RWD? Do you have DP's available yet?

kool. so whats the ideal turbo for a +T... on an 89 b230f+t with greentops and lh2.4 244?

not runnign super high boost levels, but something to flow well and create boost at lower rpms. (if that makes any kind of sense?)

mitsu? garett? water cooled? oil cooled.... i know nothing 'bout turbos except that my buddies garette t2 on the sunterd had to be rebuild and had a sticky wastegate.

my idea is to slowly collect crap from 700's/900's until i have time/patience to do this

i'll will also think of you when i'm looking for a turbo, i wouldnt wanna pull a junkyard one.. rebuilt me thinks would be good

- Amar

Here is my angled outlet 15g mounted to a 90+ using a 13c actuator:
turboandmanihq7.jpg

No bracket required, is working great:neener:

Mike 2 questions. How many times do you reuse the nuts that hold the turbo to the mani before replacing them? 2nd where did you get those sweet snap ring pliers:love: ? Mine are struggle lol!

turbo to manifold i would not trust more than 2 times .. tho yes i do use a set as downpipe nuts as they have a small flange which i need/like. otherwise they are about $12 each NEW from the dealer ... but to me worth it to never have to worry about those again

snap ring pliers were $10 for two 13" pliers from harbor freight

and wow thread is pinned ... time for me to get some more pics of setting one up just so there is more info as i will post some pics of the setup of mine as i clock the turbos i use on my car w/ the outlet facing straight up so it gives a bit more space for the plug wires (you can remove them w/o f'in with the hose ... plus i think from now on i will clock most like that just hope you do not have solid pipes)

Last edited:
Mike,

I have a conical 15G housing with a WG hole crack and a brand new flat housing. I hope the new one isn't made China. It came on another 15G I bought. Anyway, it's obvious even to me the flat flange housing flows more and I should hit you up for a matching down pipe. Going to be a few weeks before you get the flanges? (read that in another thread here). Going to finish my taxes tonight so I have the $$.

Back