• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jimbo's Green Wagon: 1972 145S

Oh gee, I wonder what this could possibly be:
KAApFCxl.jpg

You guys always ruin the nice cars with engine swaps. If the power is too low buy a 245 turbo or something ;) The B20 is not fast I know but going fast in a 145 is no fun anyway. Relax and enjoy the (slow) ride instead.

/Swede

Man - if you want something to swap an engine in to I'd consider trading my '79 245 to keep this thing all original. I lusted over this back when it was for sale but just couldn't make it work... looks great though!

You guys always ruin the nice cars with engine swaps. If the power is too low buy a 245 turbo or something ;) The B20 is not fast I know but going fast in a 145 is no fun anyway. Relax and enjoy the (slow) ride instead.

/Swede

I appreciate the concern and compliments, but this car is neither nice nor original. There's been sketchy/questionable rust repair done in the past on it, it was 1/2 parted out when I saved it from being completely parted, and much of the car is well-worn.

Man - if you want something to swap an engine in to I'd consider trading my '79 245 to keep this thing all original. I lusted over this back when it was for sale but just couldn't make it work... looks great though!

I appreciate the offer, but I already lost this car once. I'll be homeless before I let it go again. It isn't all original anyway. I had suspicions about the engine, and they were right. As it turns out, it has a B18 in it, which explains the amazon intake manifold. I guess I need to find a B20 now. ****

slap that sc on there and suck through a 4 barrel. YEET. I think you'd hit that 130 mark out of the b18 pretty easily in your budget. Since youre an engineering student, maybe look at printing up a carbon nylon manifold adapter. Once you know it fits, you can send the solids to a place like GoProto to have it done out of billet for relatively cheap.

My b18 was a blast at 6-7 psi, then it was quick at 12-14, and it was fooknuts at 18, then ringlands dumped off the pistons.

The b20 I have in there now, was nuts at anything over 16 psi. I've run it at 18-20 for a thousand miles or so until I hit something and took out the manifold. Hopfully the new setup with play nice at the 18-20 psi range. With the SC you could even rig up a simple water meth setup with a windshield washer bottle, pump, hobbs switch, and a couple check valves.point a nozzle down the throat and have it squirt at your desired boost pressure.

/Swede

This is such a weird stance to take. 140's aren't special, they're just rare because they were never special enough to save from the junkyard. And I'd argue that going fast in a 140 is pretty fun.

Hopefully Sunday I'm gonna grab a '74 B20F complete with all the Kjet parts.
Worse comes to worst, I can re-ring it and throw a set of bearings and a cam at it. It came out of a car that sat for 15 years with ~160k on it.

This is such a weird stance to take. 140's aren't special, they're just rare because they were never special enough to save from the junkyard. And I'd argue that going fast in a 140 is pretty fun.

Well, yeah, I was a bit ironic :) These cars ARE rare, in Sweden at least.

Usually wound up donating their longblocks and transmissions to Amazons and 1800s. The rest of the cars were considered too "American" by the old farts who drive the early cars.

Yuppers. Us 240 guys feel the same about the 7/9 series. Too American looking. So, great engine donors. Even though I've owned a couple myself and found them to be not that bad a car. Had a 764Ti that felt like a wider 244Ti. None of the jiggliness that normally is noticed in the 700 series. Only mods that were done were non-Nivomat shocks and springs, and KYB struts and shocks.

So I have my hands on a '74 B20F which is currently torn down to a bare block in the garage. It's getting a re-ring, hone, new bearings, and then going back together. While it's apart I'll clean up the ports on the head.

The question is when I go turbo, should I go with my P1800 m410 or the T5 setup out of the 142. The m410 will obviously be bolt in, but I don't know how it'll feel about 200hp.

So I have my hands on a '74 B20F which is currently torn down to a bare block in the garage. It's getting a re-ring, hone, new bearings, and then going back together. While it's apart I'll clean up the ports on the head.

The question is when I go turbo, should I go with my P1800 m410 or the T5 setup out of the 142. The m410 will obviously be bolt in, but I don't know how it'll feel about 200hp.

Great :) I?d go with the m410. Not sure if it will manage 200hp but if you drive it like normal people it probably will.

Back