• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Our latest '70 145 Project - Need a few things. Any Ideas?

Nice to see this.
I've had ...50176 since 1999. It also came from CA.
Doesn't look as good as yours anymore because it was used daily in CT from 2000 to 2016.
Still have it, but it's been off the road since summer 2018.
You have a good looking car.
Kind of weird to know of another '70 145 so close to where I live. You never see these around here anymore.

Nice to see this.
I've had ...50176 since 1999. It also came from CA.
Doesn't look as good as yours anymore because it was used daily in CT from 2000 to 2016.
Still have it, but it's been off the road since summer 2018.
You have a good looking car.
Kind of weird to know of another '70 145 so close to where I live. You never see these around here anymore.

I think not seeing myself coming and going will be kind of cool. Ours will be a Spring, Summer, Fall kind of weekend ride.

Can't help with a rack or seat foam, but if you're going to be looking for other '70 specific parts that are local, I'll probably be parting out mine in the spring.

Your engine is missing the PCV hoses. Blow-by may make it messy under there in only a few hundred miles if those remain off.

Also found that having only one choked carb. was less than ideal for a daily driver in CT so I switched to twin SU HIFs and never looked back. H6s were ok, but the HIFs rarely needed any adjustment.

Can't help with a rack or seat foam, but if you're going to be looking for other '70 specific parts that are local, I'll probably be parting out mine in the spring.

Your engine is missing the PCV hoses. Blow-by may make it messy under there in only a few hundred miles if those remain off.

Also found that having only one choked carb. was less than ideal for a daily driver in CT so I switched to twin SU HIFs and never looked back. H6s were ok, but the HIFs rarely needed any adjustment.

A good eye on the PCV! That was the first item my mechanic noticed along with a few missing hose clamps around the fuel filters. I would be more interested in any interesting accessories like a roof rack, owner's manual and tools in the tool kit.

You have a slick top, I wouldn't put a roof rack on her!
You might be able to find original owners manuals at autolit.com or ebay, if alschnertz doesn't have them.

/\ /\ /\ :nod:

No holes in the roof, just protect the drip rails where it clamps on with a little clear tape.

And take it off when you want.

I need to replace my seat straps that have been replaced by plywood. Not sure if all of the seat strap catches are still there. Any Idea how to end this?

Screen-Shot-2019-10-31-at-2.32.59-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2019-10-31-at-2.25.52-PM.png

And rather than paying $1.64 for the catches from Skandix, you can grab them from VP for $0.67/each

You may also be able to use the metal grid w/ springs as used on '72 seats. That's what I did on my '70.

I've got a pair that you can have for less than the cost of one catch.

If I get Panasports

Tire size, oh boy. So much information and opinions. I think If I get the 15X6 Panasports, I want to keep the outside diameter as close to stock as possible. I settled on Vredestein Sprint Classics, 185/70 HR 15. The outside dimension is .2" smaller than stock. I like the period look of this tire.

You might want to check with your local car upholstery shop to see if they can make you new foam. I did that and the cost for a pair was less than the cost of a single seat foam from VP.

Not a great first drive

I sent my friend/mechanic on a maiden voyage with the 145 in order to get a VIN verification for the State of Connecticut. I got a text stating that the cabin filled with smoke and oil pissed out from where he does not know yet. He made it back without catching on fire. Apparently fuel was leaking out of one of the carbs onto the manifold. Oil leak not from the oil filter. He wasn't happy.

I texted the seller who rebuilt the carbs and the top of the motor. He said, "fun with old cars". I guess, after sitting for 30 years, stuffs going to happen.

Back