• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Extra O2 Sensor

xDread92x

Currently looking for anyone who has a decent O2 sensor available. I have been diagnosing a LH 2.4 code of 121. I have put in good AMM and cleaned connector. Stalls as soon as it starts especially since I have put in a new fuel pump relay. If given gas it cooperates more.

I pulled off the cat afew months ago and knocked out the honeycomb because it was deteriorating. I didn?t realize the O2 was hanging and it scraped around the road, etc moving it around the house, etc. Would this affect it? Or am I dealing with a different problem? I noticed the stalling and issues occur after the cat pull off and honeycomb removal. Also previous owner states they replaced in tank pump so ideally within 2-4 years it shouldn?t be the issue. Plus it?s not consistent enough to be I don?t think? The issue tends to happen more when it?s warmed up. It almost never happens when it?s cold. Keep in mind it?s been terribly hot lately.

Thanks

You can use a universal splice in one. I use the bosch 15727 if I recall correctly. it's a four wire with the extra wire being ground. There are cheaper ones as well. If your sensor was hanging and getting abused by exposure it's a safe bet you need a new one.

Ok thanks.

Does cost matter here? If I bought a cheap universal O2 would I be in for more headache?

my 91 had the cat beat out and the o2 was beat up like it had been drug on the ground, as soon as the temperature gauge moved which is what closed loop operation? the car would run so horrible it was basically undrivable, just horrible, on a whim i just dissconnected the o2 and it ran ok, replaced it and it ran awesome....I didn't think a bad o2 could cripple a car that severely, i still don't have a cat, car runs great to this day

I’ve never had an lh2.4 car that really gave a **** about o2 sensors. Sure it’ll throw a CEL and may have a stumbly idle, but I’ve driven one for extended periods of time without it connected.

I would definitely check for fuel pump(s) functionality.

Ok guys.

I’ll probably go with the Bosch on eBay because for 80 it really isn’t
that bad. I notice there is no splicing and it actually comes attached to a connector and ground.

How hard is it to get in there and disconnect connector and ground? Where is the connector and ground located?

Thanks all

Last edited:
Here is the one I use from an ebay search. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=bosch+15727&_sacat=0

The connectors for the heater and signal are on the right rear corner of the engine compartment. You will see a two pin connector with white wires for the heater and a single wire with a spade connector there. Then the wiring runs down under the car to the converter where the sensor is located. You will want to rent or buy the O2 sensor tool to help remove it.

Last edited:
Ok yea makes sense.

Splicing would probably be easier than trying to track the connector up the engine anyway. eBay is telling me it’s not compatible with my car of course, lol. Would the wire colors for this universal be the same as what I have stock underneath? Looks like it is.

Lol, obviously ZVOLV.

But I was referring to the universal splicing. Anyway, I’ll probably just go with the new one with connector since my O2 wiring has seen many years and miles. Just to avoid any wiring defects unseen that could cause issues.

Back