• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Matt's Memorial Journey Gallery

I want to show off my Handmade Mug MikeP gave me as a gift for housing him. It did not get glazed on the bottom so I filled it in with JB Weld and sanded it down, still needs a skim coat to finish it
01873523-02e2-4542-b0cf-6a150b7e50ee_zpstgpdmbkp.jpg

And a zip tie around the handle for whatever

Yeah, you have to leave the bottom unglazed, or it will stick to the kiln floor or whatever it is on. If you see one with a corner broken off the bottom, the glaze ran too far. But unfinished tends to scratch, making coasters necessary.
Glad you like it. Robbie and Sarah at Amused Studios made all the mugs I gave away. They're some of my best friends.

I have been drinking hot tea out of it all winter. it's like me, not quite right :) lol it's unique and reminds me of You staying and why and even Matt a bit, lots of backstory to that mug. And with the JB weld it is a true TB Mug

ah yes I forgot to get you my entry.
you can copy it off my pbase if you want, or shoot me an email and I'll send the werd doc.

159482385.jpg

159482386.jpg

(looks like I've got an extraneous ' on the second one there. We'll call that a dangling Issac)

Damn Kenny you did a really good job on that final sendoff.

Mike, amazing work getting it to people who otherwise would never have seen this thing. It meant a lot. Thank you for everything you've done to add the speed to Godspeed.

And to JB and everybody who started this and saw it through, thanks.

Matt's little bro here. Man guys. I'm super moved. You guys are amazing. I'm so impressed, I have very few words.

I have a little Matt in my life. My wife and I brought a little Matt Dionne into this world in January 2014. He's 16 months old. And so far he loves trains and planes. I want to set his Volvo love affair in motion by buying my first volvo. I'm on the hunt with Craigslist and the classifieds here. I'd like a 92 Volvo 245- ideally manual. Any help would be appreciated. Not to hijack this thread, but I think Matt wouldn't mind :D.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
I doubt anyone's going to care if you hijack anything on this board. Congrats on the child. They are a blessing. I wish your family the best.

I will see if anyone has a pic to add. I can host it if needed.

ah yes I forgot to get you my entry.
you can copy it off my pbase if you want, or shoot me an email and I'll send the werd doc.

159482385.jpg

159482386.jpg

(looks like I've got an extraneous ' on the second one there. We'll call that a dangling Issac)
I just remembered to add those to my pbase page, https://pbase.com/mperry/mattsjournal
Thanks, Kenny.

Matt's little bro here. Man guys. I'm super moved. You guys are amazing. I'm so impressed, I have very few words.

I have a little Matt in my life. My wife and I brought a little Matt Dionne into this world in January 2014. He's 16 months old. And so far he loves trains and planes. I want to set his Volvo love affair in motion by buying my first volvo. I'm on the hunt with Craigslist and the classifieds here. I'd like a 92 Volvo 245- ideally manual. Any help would be appreciated. Not to hijack this thread, but I think Matt wouldn't mind :D.

Thanks!!!
Any update on the wee guy?

A few days late, but we recently passed the 20th anniversary of Matt’s passing 😞

Still remember our few AIM conversations and the first leg of the journals trip well. I wish I still had the pictures but pbase and photobucket are somewhat obsolete

Back