• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

244Ti Stage Rally Project

Nice placement of the windshield washer reservoir in the trunk, thanks for the idea.

No worries. Ran out of engine bay space, ran out of cabin space with the fire suppression mount behind the drivers side and a spares bag tied down behind the codriver side. The contour of the stock bottle actually suits the hump above the axle so it sits flush and works good there for the most part.

I routed the hose through a bulkhead out of the truck and under the car [under the plastic underbody protection] mostly to suit the scrutineers who might bitch about washer fluid being flammable. I have not tested it and maybe I am overthinking it but I think for the amount of line going to the front of the car I wonder if the stock pump is enough. It's down the list in terms of importance at this moment but I'd like to get the washers working really well.

Missed my goal of making the Olympus Rally, thrashed on the car pretty hard for the last month getting it ready but work has been getting in the way. Managing a retail store that is steps away from the garage, while convenient, is sort of a double edged sword.

I'll be debuting the car at Oregon Trail instead if I don't break anything major in testing now that the car is actually ready for that.

And I'll have the car on display at Davis this weekend too. I'll post a full update with pictures after the show on the car.

Missed my goal of making the Olympus Rally, thrashed on the car pretty hard for the last month getting it ready but work has been getting in the way. Managing a retail store that is steps away from the garage, while convenient, is sort of a double edged sword.

I'll be debuting the car at Oregon Trail instead if I don't break anything major in testing now that the car is actually ready for that.

And I'll have the car on display at Davis this weekend too. I'll post a full update with pictures after the show on the car.

Since the car must be by definition street legal, you might think about shaking it down thoroughly rather than just show up at first event..ya know like make sure the oil pressure and oil temp gauges work, the water temp gauge sorta works*, the loose forgotten stuff is found now rather than after you tow 800 miles and pay some outrageous entry fee so when the time to put the foot down comes, you can drive the event without thinking anything about the car...just "where the fawk should I brake?" "is this a kink or an acute?"

Whaddya got lined up for tires? Anybody told ya what pressure to run? How much?

*assuming somebody convinced to to have a few functioning gauges..Maybe a Volt meter too.

No worries. Ran out of engine bay space, ran out of cabin space with the fire suppression mount behind the drivers side and a spares bag tied down behind the codriver side. The contour of the stock bottle actually suits the hump above the axle so it sits flush and works good there for the most part.

I routed the hose through a bulkhead out of the truck and under the car [under the plastic underbody protection] mostly to suit the scrutineers who might bitch about washer fluid being flammable. I have not tested it and maybe I am overthinking it but I think for the amount of line going to the front of the car I wonder if the stock pump is enough. It's down the list in terms of importance at this moment but I'd like to get the washers working really well.

I've had the washer bottle in the trunk of my 242 for a few years now, stock pump. It works, takes a couple pulls to prime it up sometimes is all.

I've had the washer bottle in the trunk of my 242 for a few years now, stock pump. It works, takes a couple pulls to prime it up sometimes is all.

Good to know!

Since the car must be by definition street legal, you might think about shaking it down thoroughly rather than just show up at first event..ya know like make sure the oil pressure and oil temp gauges work, the water temp gauge sorta works*, the loose forgotten stuff is found now rather than after you tow 800 miles and pay some outrageous entry fee so when the time to put the foot down comes, you can drive the event without thinking anything about the car...just "where the fawk should I brake?" "is this a kink or an acute?"

Whaddya got lined up for tires? Anybody told ya what pressure to run? How much?

*assuming somebody convinced to to have a few functioning gauges..Maybe a Volt meter too.

It is MT plated, insured and legal. I’ve driven it around the neighborhood a few times.

My conclusion about using street driving, at least in Santa Cruz proper, as testing is that it is sketchy. I don’t want to push my luck. We have that exhaust noise limit law now, and I don’t think it will pass. The car stands out kind of gnarly which does not help.

Towing out to my friends place 20 miles and cruising around the mountains all day? Sure

All the gauges - tach, boost/wbo2, op, ot, wt, volts all work great even if I go under the dash and wrestle the harness around by hand. All systems work great, idle is a tad rich, hot oil pressure is right at 3 bar, no overheating. Charging at 13.8 volts.

I have 10 Federal G-10 tires mounted on my Methods. I was going to pick Robert or Al’s brain about pressures.

Last edited:
We haven’t used the Federal tires, but Dmacks and Hoosiers like ~30psi hot. So that’s around 25-26psi cold.
If you’re running a small tire and/or it’s really rough, you might want something like 35 hot to reduce the chances of getting a flat.

We haven’t used the Federal tires, but Dmacks and Hoosiers like ~30psi hot. So that’s around 25-26psi cold.
If you’re running a small tire and/or it’s really rough, you might want something like 35 hot to reduce the chances of getting a flat.

I was figuring around 30, thanks!

Here’s the piccies of the mostly finished car

e6Z17Hul.jpg

vW8m2Pul.jpg

JHxGfIZl.jpg

jLHWICDl.jpg

RFv4S1jl.jpg

3Y3BZ4Al.jpg

6rr1kJAl.jpg

I like the gold cage / gold wheels a lot. Look forward to video and sound. :rockon:

It sounds good! It's a little tamer with the v-band cat stuck on to it. I'll have video up soon

I liked the gold wheels and cage on my hobby stock so I went for it, despite white possibly being the logical choice for the cage.

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing how you dial things in as you get some seat time.

Getting seat time will definitely be the main goal for now, which means keeping it on the road. If it's not too much of a handful I don't expect to change much, maybe spring rates eventually.

Baller, Pat! I wish I could commit to anything long enough to justify a race car.

I honestly think if i was smart, I would have been tinkering with something like my 1800ES as a long term project the past few years [not just going back to when I started this project] and buying race ready cars to race. Building a car is intense commitment if you want to do it right and it's taken me almost a half dozen of them [between dirt track, road and rally] to figure that out finally. It does give some satisfaction though

Inside looks killer man nice work! So clean.
What tach is that and the fuse box units?

Thanks. There's something fun about building the inside of a racecar out. I get a little better every time I do it I feel like

The fuse blocks are from Del City
https://www.delcity.net/store/Ganged-Fuse-Block/p_10960.h_26034

But to be honest, I wish I would have gone with something that has LED indicators like this unit
https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Perform...SL0IR9BgV5j4Y0urtYzhxHr2F8bxsRERoCrdMQAvD_BwE

The tachometer is a Logitech DMI. It has a lot of neat features.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...bDXL6XBFXP7oZkFXEj5NOfAeO3QuYmXxoC4bUQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
totally saw you! I didnt realize it was your car. Hows the MAF after the race? I'll see if I got a good video of the downhill/farmer gate corner and post it up. the Volvos were in the top 5 for speed in that section.

totally saw you! I didnt realize it was your car. Hows the MAF after the race? I'll see if I got a good video of the downhill/farmer gate corner and post it up. the Volvos were in the top 5 for speed in that section.

MAF held up fine! I was doing the 2nd run of Dalles Mountain down [2nd to last stage Saturday] and about 2/3 of the way through I thought I lost a MAF. I misdiagnosed it because the car revved way higher and ran way better with it disconnected. I threw out the final stage and I drove back to service in limp home mode and in the process nuked my $200 cat, turning it into an afterburner for all that unburnt fuel. It was putting on a show coming into parc firme, big 18 inch flame continually coming out of the tailpipe.

It ran better on a different MAF but still cut out - turns out despite running very low boost the whole event [5 psi] I popped the hose off the turbo ever so slightly.

That mistake cost me a podium finish! Oh well I had a blast.

And that downhill on Starveout was so much fun! The series of turns leading into the downhill section is where the speed is built, theres a deceptive right hander right at the top of the hill you need to nail just right to carry speed it seems. I'd love to see video!

I did it!

Story at 11.......[or whenever I recover from the gnarly rally hangover]

Glad you were able to make it through the weekend, and make it home! No real issues on your first rally.... that's pretty impressive!

Back