• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

15g cracked.

drift256

Need some honest advice. I pulled my old 13c off to replace it with a 15g I have laying around. I should have inspected it before pulling the 13 off, but the 15g has a crack in the wastegate hole. My manifold is also cracked in 2 places which I know is common.

I had intended on doing a port job on the mani and turbo housing to get a little more out of it but now I?m wondering if I should:

A: look for an non-cracked manifold and flat flange housing to port and install.

B: do a rough port job on the cracked parts and send it because the car is junk anyway.

Your 15g crack is as normal as your manifold crack. If you find a 15G without a wastegate crack, I would love to hear about it. Rock it with the crack, I ported one with a crack and ran it at 20 PSI until I bought a brand new turbo. FYI, you can buy a non cracked manifold from Volvo still, last I heard it was about $650.
If you can locate someone who can weld the cast manifold, it's not too expensive. I had local Amish guy do one because they repair that crap all the time, was about $10.

My dad is a pretty handy welder. I’ll have him weld up the manifold and send it. Maybe the turbo housing won’t get any worse.

All the turbine housings eventually crack. You can buy new housing from kinugawa. Not cheap though. I'd run it and not worry about it

Back