• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'83 244 turbo, Im gonna need some help.

Not sure why I didn't look at Amazon. There is a few cheaper than what I've been seeing. Anywhere else I've looked has been nearly 100% 500ft rolls. I don't think any of my local pick'n pulls have any 80s Volvo's.

Standalone in what sense?

There are "custom" ignition solutions which don't use the EZK, but will require an appropriately custom degree of wiring, programming, etc. Most of them will still need a RPM or crank position signal which means distributor or flywheel sensors of some kind.

Yes, you can use a simple megasquirt/microsquirt system to control only fuel and have a separate ignition system. But not an ezk box. You would need something else like either a MSD or volvo breakerless system.

However, most people use megasquirt with spark and manage both in one controller.

Is there anywhere to go now that kjet.org is gone? Specifically Im looking for the wiring diagrams mentioned in the first post of this thread, but Ill take anything.

Also f*ck photobucket. Makes doing anything 10X harder than it has to be with their damn greed.

Last edited:
A power stage is the ignition amplifier used with the LH ignition systems and other bosch ignition systems. You can have it trigger a coil by having megasquirt trigger the amplifier. On a 240 and 740/940 it's located on the left inner fender and is controlled by the EZK box.

No it is mounted on the left inner fender on a 240 with LH2.4. On a 740 with LH2.2 or LH2.4 it's on the left inner fender as well. They are usually gray or black with a seven pin connector on them.

A very good one to use from what I've learned here is the Saab version. The bosch part number ends with 139.

Yes, you want a Bosch 0227100124 power stage (aka ignition module). It was used on the LH2.2+EZ117K 740 Turbos, and on all the LH2.4 240/740/940 Volvos. Hint: try new from fcpeuro.com

So looking at IPD, trying to add that car to my garage and Im having an issue. No matter which model I try to add it doesnt give me the option for a 4 speed standard with overdrive.

The only option is two 4 speed automatics, and a "5 speed standard m46 by borgwarner" Is that just a typo? I thought the m46 was the 4 speed with electronic overdrive?

Back