• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Adjustable Torque Rods 240

StreetForged

I made adjustable torque rods out of heim joints and swedge rods, and it seems to have improved my handling slightly from the old blown stock ones, but my question is, how do I properly adjust these? I know there is a tool to measure the driveshaft angle, but I'll have to do my best to eyeball it. I imagine that I'll need to have my suspension under load when making these adjustments to do it properly? I pulled the rods in ever so slightly shorter than OEM in the meantime, car is lowered by roughly 3 inches.

If you aren't getting any weird vibrations your probably okay. If the rods are about stock length it should be in the right spot. How are your trailing arm bushings? Automatic or manual tranny? Have you driven it? You got an adjustable panhard to center the rear from dropping it?

Kind of a side question. Did you happen to measure the wall thickness and ID of the torque rods while you had them apart?

Back