• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(Not*) Mediocre 242

HuQsgiJl.jpg

fJZvcPal.jpg

Bad picture I know.

But finally I can listen to something other than the radio. I'm really happy with this head unit. Cheap, compact, clean and the orange doesn't really clash imo. Bluetooth is great.

I also made a new rear passenger brake hard line because my stock one was leaking from the flare at the caliper somehow.

HuQsgiJl.jpg

fJZvcPal.jpg

Bad picture I know.

But finally I can listen to something other than the radio. I'm really happy with this head unit. Cheap, compact, clean and the orange doesn't really clash imo. Bluetooth is great.

I also made a new rear passenger brake hard line because my stock one was leaking from the flare at the caliper somehow.

I like that head unit, manufacturer?

It's a Continental tr7412ub-or. VDO makes the same one, but backlit in blue rather than orange. This one has bluetooth, radio, USB and and aux input.

Good news and bad news.

Good news is that I now have a front wheel VSS signal for traction control. Thanks Karl for the sensor mount idea. Here are some pictures. Welds aren't great looking but they hold the sensor fine.

zvotn2Hl.jpg

f2ehNR5l.jpg

NRU9aAul.jpg

3pwtI2pl.jpg

Bad news is I'm pretty sure my clutch is slipping. I went to test traction control by doing a burnout and didn't spin the tires but definitely was burning something. The datalog also supports my theory.

zSjmSpO.jpg

Note VSS 1 (rear wheels) and VSS2 (front wheel) match almost exactly and are low for the RPM and gear. Additionally MS is calculating that I downshifted based on my RPM and speed but I only upshifted.

After the attempted burnout when I went WOT in 2nd or 3rd I would hear the same slipping sound and experience the same lack of power that was present during the attempted burnout. When I got home I looked at my clutch cable to see if the throw out bearing was rubbing the plate fingers with the pedal released. It definitely was, so I adjusted the cable to move the throw out bearing off the fingers. Testing again produced the same results.

Anything else I could do to try and improve the situation? I currently have a Yoshifab clutch and PP rated to 350 ftlbs but on the stock flat flywheel. I think I'm going to try and get a fancy Yoshifab flywheel and clutch before IPD.

erik broke one because his pilot bearing fell out, and now thinks that all t5s are that fragile.

For the ABS sensors, did you use the non-abs strut housings, with the ABS style tone ring hubs?

I really want traction control, but don't have ABS strut housings, and wasn't sure if the ABS tone ring hubs would bolt on?

Jordan

For the ABS sensors, did you use the non-abs strut housings, with the ABS style tone ring hubs?

Yep. I made a sensor bracket a la Karl and welded it to my non-abs knuckle. Eventually I'd like to get some baller ABS monotube struts from Ben, but that's down the road a ways.

For reference, the Bentley manual says the ABS tone rings are pressed on and can be replaced. So the interested TBer could probably just turn down a non ABS hub and press fit an ABS tone ring on.

Yep. I made a sensor bracket a la Karl and welded it to my non-abs knuckle. Eventually I'd like to get some baller ABS monotube struts from Ben, but that's down the road a ways.

For reference, the Bentley manual says the ABS tone rings are pressed on and can be replaced. So the interested TBer could probably just turn down a non ABS hub and press fit an ABS tone ring on.

Theres not enough material on a non ABS hub to mount the ring by just turning it down,

You would have to make an adapter, easier just to source a set of ABS hubs

Back