• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Sqeaky clutch master cylinder

Fa182

Stage 1
1997 945T, M90

Couple days ago my clutch started squeaking quite noticeably when I press on it. It sounds more like a rusty old spring being squeezed (quite hard to describe, but like a metallic squeak).
I narrowed it down to the master cylinder itself, it does not come from inside the car. The clutch still operates fine as it did before.
Can I do something to fix it or is it best to replace the cylinder?
I?ll start my 2000-3000mi roadtrip in a few weeks and don?t want to get stranded in the Scottish highlands or so.

Thanks.

I'm sure the noise comes from the cylinder, as I can hear it coming from the left top side near the clutch pedal. It also only starts squeaking after driving for some kilometers and the car is warmed up.

I don't have any clue with the clutch cylinders and didn't find anything online, is it an easy job to replace and is there something to pay attention to?
I'll probably just do preventive maintenance before anything happens. It's probably best to go OEM with the cylinders?

Ended up ordering a new FTE brand cylinder yesterday. Still unsure about replacing it, so any comments are apprecciated. Do I need to drain the fluid for this?

Thanks!

Back