• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B200FT new turbo, what of the following should I fit?

105Charlie

Hi

Just done the headgasket on my B200 so thought I might as well put on my 15G instead of putting the 13C back on. Now I'm running LH2.4 and an ebc, everything else is standard. Should I...

1. Fit the 15G with standard bits and run a modest boost level
2. Fit the 15G and chuck in the 470cc VXR injectors and 012amm I have knocking around and crank the boost
3. Something else, diode/resistor tricks etc?

I know ideally I'd order up some chips and this is what I will do, but right now what's the best solution?

Cheers!

When I swapped the 13C to a 16T on my 230FT, there was no need for bigger injectors or 012 AMM, as the AFR is spot on. I only run 12 psi though, which isn't too crazy. I guess it depends on your boost level. Just watch your AFR meter, which I do hope you have when cranking up the boost.

Any of those options should do ok. As mentioned above, a boost gauge and wideband are necessary tools when raising the boost. Fwiw, I did need injectors at around 15 psi on my 16t.

I run green giant injectors (i think around 42lbs) and a 16t at 20psi with 012 amm and chips, and it shows good air fuel ratio.

Hi

Just done the headgasket on my B200 so thought I might as well put on my 15G instead of putting the 13C back on. Now I'm running LH2.4 and an ebc, everything else is standard. Should I...

1. Fit the 15G with standard bits and run a modest boost level
2. Fit the 15G and chuck in the 470cc VXR injectors and 012amm I have knocking around and crank the boost
3. Something else, diode/resistor tricks etc?

I know ideally I'd order up some chips and this is what I will do, but right now what's the best solution?

Cheers!

Where are you Charlie? Anywhere near Pommieland? If you are I say get a Garrett TB0384

http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/garrett_parts_list/465189-0003.php

1990 onward Ford Cosworth 4x4
Then a 3" system right up to the turbo---the stud spacing is intended to see a 3" right to the turbo>>Quick spool and sane turbine shaft speed. Perfectly capable to make good power past 7000 rpm.. Good past 330hp, but fine at stock (1 bar boost, 2 bar absolute)

Those Misterbitchi things to pass any volume spin around 185000 rpm vs the garrett around 80-85,000 rpm....last longer and MUCH better chance of a inexpensive rebuild...

Where are you Charlie? Anywhere near Pommieland? If you are I say get a Garrett TB0384

http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/garrett_parts_list/465189-0003.php

1990 onward Ford Cosworth 4x4
Then a 3" system right up to the turbo---the stud spacing is intended to see a 3" right to the turbo>>Quick spool and sane turbine shaft speed. Perfectly capable to make good power past 7000 rpm.. Good past 330hp, but fine at stock (1 bar boost, 2 bar absolute)

Those Misterbitchi things to pass any volume spin around 185000 rpm vs the garrett around 80-85,000 rpm....last longer and MUCH better chance of a inexpensive rebuild...

I am indeed... London, UK.

Currently running a 2.5" turbo back, it's pretty hard to get 3" in there! To say it is tight is an understatement. Am I right in thinking these basically bolt up? Just bypass the water lines and a little bit of work on the mani/downpipe?

I've got the 15g to hand so I'll chuck it on and see how it goes but as my other car is a ford I should be able to find one easy enough.

Back