• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Opinion on IPD's high flow air filter for the 240?

If I were to build an NA motor and was forced to keep the stock B230F intake. I would probably buy one as well. just saying. . . .:ninja:

Nobody in the world will ever again be forced to do such a thing by anything other than their own delusions. Commit your scarce duckets now or forever hold your damn peace.

This filter will keep the bugs out, but that's about it.

Whether you should buy a filter like this depends upon your use case.

If you ever drive your vehicle in dusty conditions, then this is a poor choice for you.
If you daily drive your vehicle, this is a poor choice for you.
If you only drive occasionally on the street or at the track, go for it.

The way filters like this achieve 'more flow' is simply to filter less well (aka poorly). Less restriction = more flow at the same pressure drop.

Very often in vehicles, it isn't necessarily the filter that is the greatest restriction. Its the ducting and intake.

Again, it all depends upon what are doing with the vehicle.

So far I'm only driving to school and back and occasionally to stores. At most only around 50-60 miles a week. And it's rare to get dusty here.

I wouldn't put an oiled filter in front of a mass air sensor.

I'd totally be up for a smooth hose to replace the accordion piece. I could show you a dyno plot from my '69 Camaro where you wouldn't believe the damage one of those ducts does to the power curve.

I wouldn't put an oiled filter in front of a mass air sensor.

I'd totally be up for a smooth hose to replace the accordion piece. I could show you a dyno plot from my '69 Camaro where you wouldn't believe the damage one of those ducts does to the power curve.

It's oil free "epoxy resin coated wire mesh"

Back