• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

M90 pully ratios

aussyvolvo

Will stalk for money
I have experience with turbos, and none with superchargers, but I'd always wanted to install an M90 on a redblock. So I have my 2.5L AQ171c (with a thick gasket), and an old, used M90.

1) What ratio should I aim for to be in the ball park of 220hp?

2)
a- Should I get a custom L67 crank pully, attach it to the front, and not have room for a mechanical fan.

d- Get a custom dual narrow belt pully, like on our alternators (give it 2 rungs, give my alt the 3rd rung, and remove the water pump for an electric one).

c- Change/adapt all my pullys (crank, alt, water) for L67 pullys.

This is not wether this is a good idea, a turbo is easier, cheeper, and more efficient, but this is happening (when I has the spare money.... maybe next year? haha)

Eaton has a calculator on their website where you can play with the pulley ratios etc and estimate power levels. Start there.

With my setup before I added a turbo (stock b230f, b cam, uel header, stock intake , Eaton m90) I had a 5.5" 6 rib belt pulley and a 3.4" blower pulley. I saw almost 14psi of boost. IATs will be hot, your gunna need water meth or some kind of intercooler. I would go custom pulley and a serpentine belt for sure, v belts suck at transfering any sizeable amount of HP easily without using like 3 or 4 of them lol

With my setup before I added a turbo (stock b230f, b cam, uel header, stock intake , Eaton m90) I had a 5.5" 6 rib belt pulley and a 3.4" blower pulley. I saw almost 14psi of boost. IATs will be hot, your gunna need water meth or some kind of intercooler. I would go custom pulley and a serpentine belt for sure, v belts suck at transfering any sizeable amount of HP easily without using like 3 or 4 of them lol

awesome, I'm glad I'm not the first! do you happen to have a link to a build thred?

What was your crank pully mount/size? I probably wont run that much boost though, I don't want make it too easy to blow my 360 trans.... I still don't know what I'm going to do about a stronger manual trans.

I'll be running an intercooler.

Lots of people have said that making a mounting plate was going to be hell, because the face has to be 100% flat. what did you do, and what was your experience?

Not much of a build thread, but I post on IG fairly often and there's a good scattering of pics there under the same username.
My crank pulley was just and old ford powersteering pump one, roughly 5.5". I turned down the stock crank pulley and made a groove and a solid spacer with a longer crank bolt.
The SC plate was just a piece of 1/4 steel, and traced a supercharger gasket out on it to get the bolt hole pattern. The air blows out the bottom of the plate and into a "box" that transitions into 2.5" pipe. If possible use the supercharger byass valve and have the TB pre blower...will make for a much better driving setup aka like the factory did it.

My crank pulley was just an old ford powersteering pump one, roughly 5.5". I turned down the stock crank pulley and made a groove and a solid spacer with a longer crank bolt.

so I had a parooze of your insta, and I can't quite understand what you meant. Are you saying that you lathed the inside of the volvo pulley down, to fit the custom spacer/ford pulley?

Back