• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Opinion on IPD's high flow air filter for the 240?

I highly doubt there would be a measurable difference, especially for an NA. I would rather swap out $7 paper filters and not have to clean/dry a filter that may not clean up as good as it's original state.

I highly doubt there would be a measurable difference, especially for an NA. I would rather swap out $7 paper filters and not have to clean/dry a filter that may not clean up as good as it's original state.

Yeah, it's just nice to see IPD is still thinking about the bricks. Would it have more of a difference on a b cam swapped NA? I'm already going to get the IPD sport exhaust, so having a higher flow filter could also help a bit.

I'd stick with regular filters. You pay more for this, and it will not make any difference whatsoever.

I'd be willing to bet a $20 bill that you couldn't even tell a difference on a dyno, much less on the road. The stock filter simply isn't undersized, and only costs you some power if it's half clogged.

In dusty conditions, the IPD filter just doesn’t do a good job... marginally better than a K&N.
It is washable, so that’s nice.

2icxmz.jpg

In dusty conditions, the IPD filter just doesn?t do a good job... marginally better than a K&N.
It is washable, so that?s nice.

I was going to say - the only way to improve flow is to either:
1) Increase surface area - and in the case where a filter has to fit into the stock dimensions, it would require a lot more 'folds'. And this doesn't seem to have significantly more folds.
2) Increase the size of the holes in the filter medium - so air has less resistance going through. This lets incrementally larger sized particles into the engine. Which may or may not be a bad thing, depending.

FWIW I run my PV's motor with no air cleaner at all - DCOE bellmouths sucking air straight in. Because racecaR.

Mostly driving in city and sometimes freeway, it's not that dusty around here other than when there's road work being done. The filter seems tempting, but I'll wait a bit and see if any reviews pop up on the website.

I'd bet the blue coloring drives a lot of sales. If it looked like a regular paper filter, few people would bother.

We'll since we're jumping off the deep end with fancy air filters someone should also come up with a silicone pipe to replace the ****ty accordion hose that's likely cracked some where and to reduce the air turbulence going into the manifold. +10hp definitely to be gained. :lol:

We'll since we're jumping off the deep end with fancy air filters someone should also come up with a silicone pipe to replace the ****ty accordion hose that's likely cracked some where and to reduce the air turbulence going into the manifold. +10hp definitely to be gained. :lol:

Tell me more about this silicone pipe

I RockAuto most of my parts, unless I need something ASAP, then I'll pay the convenience fee and discount at IPD. Also, yes, more about the cool-aid silicone race pipe?

Yeah, I'd buy one of those without any claim of turbulence reduction. Something that holds up to the typical rubbing against engine compartment walls and obstructions.

looks ok if you just had to wash it and never buy a new one that would be ok, I'm might buy one, i work in a very dusty place

Yeah, I'd buy one of those without any claim of turbulence reduction. Something that holds up to the typical rubbing against engine compartment walls and obstructions.

If I were to build an NA motor and was forced to keep the stock B230F intake. I would probably buy one as well. just saying. . . .:ninja:

Back