• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AW71 pan removal

With a putty knife. Did you remove the bell housing bolt that retains the dipstick tube? If not you will fight and maybe break that tube at the pan.

^ mybe. You can even try a wooden shim, just keep tapping in then moving over a little and tap some more. less chance of damaging the rim of the pan. Putty knife would be better.

Pan is steel
Trans is aluminum

Aluminum gets scratched easier while metal pan will be fine

Dull flat plastic wedge and tapy tap tap with your favorite thumb detector

get ready for full load of ATF all over you .

2k79gk.jpg

Got it off. Unfortunately, most of the silastic gasket maker stuck to the transmission.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How do I get this ****e off, whilst keeping my sanity? Moron before me should have used a gasket. They give licences to anyone these days

Got it off. Unfortunately, most of the silastic gasket maker stuck to the transmission.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How do I get this ****e off, whilst keeping my sanity? Moron before me should have used a gasket. They give licences to anyone these days

Razor blade at very small angle very very carefully. Clear your calendar, probably take a few hours or days.

Back