• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jah 240 Plus Turbooo

Its been raining on and off lately so i decided to make fitting the hood priority number one. My battery was in the way of the intercooler piping so i had to route it over the battery and the hood wouldn't fit. I just relocated the battery to the trunk and wired in a battery cut-off switch. I was then able to fit the intercooler pipes inside the car and get the hood on.

ojr2hpK.jpg

GJRztE1.jpg

6Ee6cci.jpg

I used some cheap hood pins so i didn't have to deal with the hood latch and release cable. They'll work for now.

I also picked up some new wheels for cheap...

27wa1oh.jpg

They're Crown Vic wheels 16"x7" ET0

Gonna be interesting making em fit, especially up front haha

We're still working on getting the tune figured out, for some reason its idling super rich. Might need a brand new o2 sensor, although it runs great on the stock 3.1 computer. In the mean time, I got an exhaust set up and closed off all the leaks at the flanges.

vZm8HUj.jpg

ZtjL2fR.jpg

Yes...my wideband cable is running through a rust hole.... Its getting fixed soon.

PhLexVE.jpg

I had the exhaust shop run 3" from where the downpipe starts going down all the way to the square tip. It looks pretty stealth but sounds good and loud. Still hear a lot of turbo haha.

Sweet work man! Love the pinkblock :D Enginebay turned out real nice, and wish I could do the same with my exhaust.. unfortunally "The Norwegian Public Roads Administration" wouldn't give me a pass on my turbo convertion when doing the inspection... :/ :-P

Sweet work man! Love the pinkblock :D Enginebay turned out real nice, and wish I could do the same with my exhaust.. unfortunally "The Norwegian Public Roads Administration" wouldn't give me a pass on my turbo convertion when doing the inspection... :/ :-P

Thanks man! Yeahh, luckily Florida doesn't do inspections...yet at least haha.

So recently my car was hard to start on the chips so i threw the stock tune back in. It didn't wanna start on that either so i checked the plugs...

This is plug #1
jm0u54I.jpg

The others didn't look much better haha
dLtB5NX.jpg

I also got a good o2 sensor hooked up finally so i can test the chips better and began stripping the rest of the interior to clean it up. I signed up for a drift event on the 19th so i guess we'll see how that goes haha.

Well today has been rough...and its only noon...

Yesterday, my dad and i went out to clean our cars for cars and coffee in the morning and noticed his strut was poking through the hood (850 turbo) so we decided to fix that and also replace his cbv. The cbv bolts keep getting lost and nothing went to plan so it took way longer than it should have. The spring seat was quick and painless, even at night. I cleaned my engine bay and everything and left the hood up to dry. When we went in the house, i closed it all up quick and forgot to put the hood pins in. We had to go to a concert so i completely forgot about it. This morning, we leave for cars and coffee and i get to about 60mph before the hood finally moves. It flew up and broke everything possible BUT the already cracked windshield haha.

nK9mlt8.jpg

1XAhKeX.jpg

Whats that on top of the hood you ask? Thats the fender lining from the 850... The front left wheel came off on I95 (always torque lug nuts...lesson learned). We scrambled and got the wheel and 3 lug nuts before we decided to just put it all in the car and take my car to the cars and coffee. It was pretty funny two people in my back seat that i don't have haha but we all made it and had a good time. Met a new 240 guy with a nice wagon lowered on some 15"x10" wheels with nice fender flares.

Only picture i got unfortunately
znYfUJj.jpg

It was crowded though, lots of cool stuff to see
1lasrgE.jpg

On the way back to get my dads car, i saw some smoke coming off my turbo area. I checked it out and my oil feed is leaking...
mOumLTy.jpg

FaK7p8g.jpg

k19zmQm.jpg

I used my 200mm lens as a telescope and found the missing lug nuts haha, so we got the wheel back on. Fender is all messed up though.
NJMbhZQ.jpg

Now my car is sitting in my backyard cooling down. Im pretty distracted with everything imma just hold off before i touch anything and mess it up more haha. Next up, welding the diff, putting in the trailing arm bushings (finally...had em for about a year already) and then checking out that oil leak. Hopefully its not as bad as it looks, kinda looks like the turbos gone out theres so much oil...i know someone with a cheap replacement though. Also gotta mount tires on the new wheels and make em fit. Gonna be a long weekend!

Im starting to get a little more organized, i made a list this time around...
cDF9aal.jpg

I got a bit done today, too. Got the whole rear assembly out.
ZnTxDfx.jpg

Also burned out the rear trailing arm bushings before calling it a day.
aOaI0xO.jpg

If all goes to plan, it'll be welded up and ready for paint tomorrow!

Been pretty productive lately. Got the diff welded.
4Idm4ML.jpg

Figured out a way to "press" in the front trailing arm bushings
CL4outK.jpg

Also got the rear ones in with a hammer and some 2x4's but no good pictures of either. I did clean and paint the axle and trailing arms. Suddenly, theres way less rust down there haha.
5ZcUJZs.jpg

I also fitted a cheap 5 point harness i found at the junkyard since i don't have a bucket seat. Probably not the suggested way to do it but its no different than the mounting points for the factory seatbelt so i figure it should be alright. Definitely holds me in better then the factory one, shouldn't be too bad drifting.
v6OSatp.jpg

Last edited:
You are lucky you didn't burn the car to the ground. That is why I tell people NOT to mess around with low quality/hacker (not you) methods for the oil feed. One oil leak onto hot exhaust=carbq.

Looking good. I like the project!

You are lucky you didn't burn the car to the ground. That is why I tell people NOT to mess around with low quality/hacker (not you) methods for the oil feed. One oil leak onto hot exhaust=carbq.

Looking good. I like the project!

Yeahhh, it was super sketch. I kept thinking about a video i saw of a volvo who's turbo caught on fire and they had to blow it out with their mouths.

I have started exactly THREE Volvo fires:

1. adding oil at the gas station with no funnel. You know that yellow sticker by the oil filler that says "oljespil" (oil spill, sp?) can cause fire, yeah, I spilled a little on the exhaust and it meant instant fire. It burned itself out. I don't think me spitting on it did much of anything. I know better than to add water to an oil fire. If you add water to a grease fire in the kitchen, for example, it means instant death. Big oil fire on exhaust + panic+ water= trouble.

2. spraying injectors in the air on a no start diag. Risky business, but a dirty test for checking for fuel pump operation, RPM signal, and ECU function.

3. Most recent one was I ignited some napkins in the passenger map pocket and didn't notice and came back to a 245 full of smoke.

I know better than to do anything but VERY careful work for the oil feed around hot exhaust. And also with fuel line stuff. If you do it wrong, CARBQ! One guy I knew ran shoddy fuel lines for a fuel pressure guage test and that was the end of his 4 Cyl turbo Ford.

Well...it drifts!!!

9SQNrIw.jpg

6WmA1Nv.jpg

iMSzAo7.jpg

My first event went well! Got a LOT of seat time since the car was running so well. Drove an hour there, drove all day long, then drove an hour back and the temp stayed at 86-88?C all day.

Quick recap of the end of the week:

Put the axle back in.
2HXvh0e.jpg

Decided i couldn't seriously put these brakes back in...
yROclta.jpg

As well as these shocks...
CSRkTuG.jpg

Accidentally cut the parking brake line so i drilled a hole to run it through and welded it together.
Dgdra8T.jpg

MzzyLMj.jpg

Put everything back together nicely without a hitch.
qMAmeRa.jpg

New ride height up front...allows for stiff (bumpstops haha) dampening.
dFePiHo.jpg

These didn't fit...
d1UYlWG.jpg

Now they do.
JpzeTGG.jpg

XQw01K2.jpg

Only thing i didn't get done was the power steering...which i really should have and now its top of the list haha.
4kxzhmN.jpg

I did check the tune with the o2 sensor and it was still way too rich. I shot flames out for at least 5 seconds each in between shifts. This kinda led to the plugs getting even more foul so i just got new ones.

At about 9pm Friday night, the night before we had to be up at 5:30am, my alternator wasn't charging. After fiddling around with a multimeter for way too long, we decided to take my brothers off his car. Swapped it in mine and still nothing. I relocated my battery and bypassed my kill switch and ran it how it is stock and STILL nothing. Then, at midnight, i finally figured it out...a 1 minute solution that coulda saved 3 hours. My gauge cluster was unplugged from installing the temp gauge...its inline for the charging circuit. Plugged the big circular plug back in and IT WORKS! Too bad i didn't think of that away sooner haha.

the need for centering the rear in the wheel well is extremely pronounced on your car. knackered bushings in the back?

It actually is centered for the first time ever haha, i just took pictures from different sides. What do you mean knackered bushings? Everything is polyurethane. All super pro except the ones that came in the ipd torque rods and pan hard bar. If you're referring to the fitment of the front trailing arms with that metal piece in there, i just grinded that away so i didn't mess up the bushings.

Theres another drift event coming up so i started looking more into the car and the tune more specifically. I came to the conclusion my NA in-tank fuel pump was bottlenecking the fuel delivery and began to change both pumps out. Originally, i figured the main one would need to be changed as well so i started there. I swapped it with one that i found in my brothers car in an 'extra parts' bin that came with it. It was full of +T parts so i assumed it was from a turbo car. When i got it in, i found out it was leaking from the metal housing. I then decided to just throw the old one back on and swap the in-tank pump with a 740 Turbo one. Once i got it back in, i noticed another leak...

LB7ogiN.jpg

J7jPMXu.jpg

I tried to just jb weld it haha, but that blew out so i grabbed a whole line from the junkyard. I also grabbed an LH 2.4 throttle body with TPS and a MAF as a last resort so I'm not worried about stabbing the gas mid drift.

With the new fuel pump and the latest chip, I've got really positive results! Previously, with the stock tune, i never could go past half throttle and i had to roll into boost. It kept the numbers safe in the 12s. If i went more, i actually hit 16s-17s...scary. Now, i can go wide open and max out at 14s and maybe a 15.0. Only thing is i need to have the o2 sensor unplugged. The best news is, being that the first attempts at chipping it had the same results, dumping fuel, i didn't think 3.1 liked chips and wouldn't read them. Now i have solid evidence it can be chipped. 3.1 may not be so bad after all...getting a lot closer though!

I also stopped my glovebox from opening every time i hit a bump...

M7QIi4P.jpg

Haha I like the glove box fix. All I meant was that the axle looked like it needed shorter arms, it must just be the angle of the pic. Knackered is a britishism for extremely worn out. I didn't know/forgot about the poly.

Back