• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ECUMASTER EMU, baseline map for b230ft?

Maligantblue

Long shot maybe, but does anyone have a base map for the b230ft. I have the ecumaster emu standard, standalone ecu installed and hope to get it running soon.

Thanks All

Not likely going to find that.. I assume you are wiring it in and its not a PNP ecu.. I have tuned a few cars using the EMU ecu and its a decent piece but as far as volvo base maps go I seriously doubt you will find one here.

Custom loom, fair enough was hoping for the easy option but not the end of the world.
I'm using the Crank sensor for wasted spark. Is there any other sensors missing on the stock b230ft that I might need for a good map?

you may want a real tps vs the switch that comes OE, and you'll need an air temp sensor as well.

and a map sensor if it's not built in to the ecu. just now getting it wired up I take? first time with a standalone?

I hang out at ECUmaster all the time (basemap dev for new PNP's), what can I help you with? what sensors and the like do you have hooked up?

I hang out at ECUmaster all the time (basemap dev for new PNP's), what can I help you with? what sensors and the like do you have hooked up?

Thanks for your offer! Only now sorting the tps, used an 850's one and spacer. The car is now with a friendly workshop as I moved. All that is left is setting up the base map and road tuning (asside from any issues) I'm not familiar with standalones, so any advice or tips would help and be passed on. The tuner is pretty decent but would prefer a base map to work with.

So the standard b230 sensors all hooked in, lambda on the Downpipe, Crank sensor, knock, pretty sure air temp too

I have a b234f and couldn't find any basemap for EMU for volvo engines. best bet is to contact any local tuners to help with startup.

I would also suggest changing the crank angle sensor to a hall type if you have a dogdish flywheel. Had major issues with EMU reading the stock VR sensor.
Also a Head mounted Cam angle sensor is easily adaptable from an MX5/DSM. their optical/hall cam sensor has pretty much identical splines to fit into the head. Only needs and adapter plate, that would space it out properly.

Setting one up on a B234 for a customer right now, its got a built bottom end, running an EFR6758. using VAG 1.8T coil on plug, LH2.4 flywheel and sensor, using a modified LH2.2 distributor as a hall sensor for cam sync to run sequential.

Mostly looking for suggested cold start and warmup, the rest I can sort out.

Setting one up on a B234 for a customer right now, its got a built bottom end, running an EFR6758. using VAG 1.8T coil on plug, LH2.4 flywheel and sensor, using a modified LH2.2 distributor as a hall sensor for cam sync to run sequential.
That sounds fun... Please share more once it's running! :oogle:

I'm very interested in seeing this come together as well, I've got an emu classic on the shelf I'd like to use for a project but have absolutely zero clue on the initial setup

VE and spark map will resemble the tq curve of the cam, tq peak will be fuel peak and u can run up the timing and more boost after the tq peak as it’s much less likely to ping as cyl efficiency drops and rpms continue. U can use this to flatten the falling output curve. If this makes sense I’m might be a bit buzzesy

Back