• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

another ipd cam thread

I know that oem cams most have a letter stamped in the rear. I have a few that don't. So how the question is how are they identified? I think I have both n/a & turbo.

Quick cam question for your folks. Unless I'm mistaken I believe a cam with a higher lift allows more air to flow in. To me that means that more fuel has to go in as well. The MAF somehow sends in the proper amount of fuel based on the air. Is that correct? If so then will LH 2.2 system work with a Enem V15 cam? Or will it be running lean? From what I know the LH 2.2 system is not tunable.

P.S: Is the MAF part of the LH 2.2 system?

Thanks!

The fuel injector is before the valve, so any air that flows past the valve has already had it's shot of fuel. At wide open throttle, the MAF sends a signal to the LH box to send the DESIGNED amount of fuel based on air mass. It is almost certainly not optimal for maximum power production.

I believe LH2.2 is as tunable as LH2.4, though I have no experience with it.

Yes, the MAF is part of the LH2.2 system.

To a certain degree the system will still compensate for the greater airflow. It's not like you are adding a monster cam. That is a street performance cam. It's a mild cam. I have run my enem V15 for about five years before I got a ezk chip. That more aggressive timing really woke the engine up. But you'll be fine and yes the maf sensor is part of the LH2.2 fuel system.

My suggestion would be to update to LH2.4 at some point to take advantage of the ezk ignition and fuel tuning if you want it. The stock injectors are fine for this cam. But it did like more optimal ignition timing.

Thank you both very much. I asked because I would like to have one workable mod at a time rather than one mod which requires another which requires another deal.

A LH 2.4 conversion sounds great to me! Maybe that will happen much later on this year by a pro. I've got very little mechanical skills.

Edit: If anyone knows about LH 2.2 tuning then please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
The fuel injector is before the valve, so any air that flows past the valve has already had it's shot of fuel. At wide open throttle, the MAF sends a signal to the LH box to send the DESIGNED amount of fuel based on air mass. It is almost certainly not optimal for maximum power production.

I was always under the impression that at wot lh went into open loop and it would fire the injectors to the max.

I was always under the impression that at wot lh went into open loop and it would fire the injectors to the max.

You can use slightly larger injector, Ford brown top injectors are what I used (pm me if you're interested in buying my used ones) with 2.2 but you have to adjust the maf for it to idle and cruise properly. You'll also need a wide band O2 sensor, it will make it much easier to adjust the maf.

I'd like to try the V15 turbo in an N/A LH2.4 application because of that wider lobe separation.
I ran the IPD Turbo and the V15 NA in my car before the head work. The exhaust and intake may have changed between the runs, and tuning, but you have the dyno charts to look at if you want. I think I only ran the IPD T 2? advanced though, and they may not have been made in the same gear, and the V15NA pull wasn't started at low rpm, so I don't know how helpful my info will be.

How's the idle quality in that n/a car? Does it have just a little bit of a lope to it or is it factory smooth?
It was still very smooth I think from my experience, no problems passing emissions testing what so ever with the factory cat. It's less aggressive than a K camshaft anyway. I may have more info on this website somewhere from when I tried both out in many of my previous posts from running those two cams over 10 years ago.

Quick cam question for your folks. Unless I'm mistaken I believe a cam with a higher lift allows more air to flow in. To me that means that more fuel has to go in as well. The MAF somehow sends in the proper amount of fuel based on the air. Is that correct? If so then will LH 2.2 system work with a Enem V15 cam? Or will it be running lean? From what I know the LH 2.2 system is not tunable.
LH2.2 will be fine with it. As previously mentioned, the MAF will compensate for the increased airflow. The only issue is that it will probably be on the leaner side of things as LH2.2 tends to be that way. You may want to get a wideband oxygen sensor and see what it's doing(14.7:1 is stoich and good for emissions and gas mileage, but not for power - you'll want to be between 12.5-13.5:1 for power). One way to richen LH2.2 up is using a higher pressure fuel pressure regulator. Yours may have a 2.5bar regulator on it, so you might be able to swap in a 3bar regulator from a turbo(?) or LH2.4 car and see where that gets you.

Lh2.2 also permits the easy ignition timing advance just by rotating the distributor. You can't get that with stock LH2.4, but if you get an Ostrich Emulator and TunerPro, you can adjust to match your setup even better. I wouldn't say 2.2 isn't tuneable, though! My 1987 244DL did a 17.3 1/4 mile if I remember correctly, just from setting the valve clearances tight on a T cam with it retarded 4?, premium fuel, advanced ignition timing and the hot air intake disabled and turned into an additional cold air intake. Automatic transmission and all!

You can use slightly larger injector, Ford brown top injectors are what I used (pm me if you're interested in buying my used ones) with 2.2 but you have to adjust the maf for it to idle and cruise properly. You'll also need a wide band O2 sensor, it will make it much easier to adjust the maf.
:nod: Assuming the car is a turbo, which it very well may be, it just was never stated. My comments above mostly still apply, though.

throughout the entire operation the MAF sends a signal to the lh box regarding airflow, this does not change based on throttle position.

Open loop vs closed loop is more a function of whether the ecu is taking in to account what the o2 sensor is doing. Since lh doesn't see the raw o2 voltage (instead it sees a high/low and maybe a neutral), and you'd normally want the car running rich at WOT on a turbo application, there isn't much to learn based on a raw "low" signal that simply indicates it's below stoich. 2.4 factors in a skew table (that's what it "learns"), really a long term fuel trim, that it develops when operating below WOT and at certain loads.

Nope. At WOT (and proper coolant temperature) it references an injector pulse table and sends a corresponding signal. It's nowhere near 100% duty cycle.

it can get there esp if you've disabled the max airflow cutoff. It doesn't take much math to determine that based on horsepower production and injector size. duty cycle is generally a derived number from airflow, fuel table values and likely a few other things, it's not simply a pulsewidth table.

Back