home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 02-18-2019, 11:54 AM   #26
Fred Gwynne
Board Member

Quick cam question for your folks. Unless I'm mistaken I believe a cam with a higher lift allows more air to flow in. To me that means that more fuel has to go in as well. The MAF somehow sends in the proper amount of fuel based on the air. Is that correct? If so then will LH 2.2 system work with a Enem V15 cam? Or will it be running lean? From what I know the LH 2.2 system is not tunable.

P.S: Is the MAF part of the LH 2.2 system?

Thanks!
Fred Gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:33 PM   #27
shoestring
Board Member

The fuel injector is before the valve, so any air that flows past the valve has already had it's shot of fuel. At wide open throttle, the MAF sends a signal to the LH box to send the DESIGNED amount of fuel based on air mass. It is almost certainly not optimal for maximum power production.

I believe LH2.2 is as tunable as LH2.4, though I have no experience with it.

Yes, the MAF is part of the LH2.2 system.
shoestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:38 PM   #28
dl242gt
300+hp on the shelf club

To a certain degree the system will still compensate for the greater airflow. It's not like you are adding a monster cam. That is a street performance cam. It's a mild cam. I have run my enem V15 for about five years before I got a ezk chip. That more aggressive timing really woke the engine up. But you'll be fine and yes the maf sensor is part of the LH2.2 fuel system.

My suggestion would be to update to LH2.4 at some point to take advantage of the ezk ignition and fuel tuning if you want it. The stock injectors are fine for this cam. But it did like more optimal ignition timing.
dl242gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #29
Fred Gwynne
Board Member

Thank you both very much. I asked because I would like to have one workable mod at a time rather than one mod which requires another which requires another deal.

A LH 2.4 conversion sounds great to me! Maybe that will happen much later on this year by a pro. I've got very little mechanical skills.

Edit: If anyone knows about LH 2.2 tuning then please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by Fred Gwynne; 02-18-2019 at 04:52 PM..
Fred Gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:35 PM   #30
Marvelous3
Who engineered this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoestring View Post
The fuel injector is before the valve, so any air that flows past the valve has already had it's shot of fuel. At wide open throttle, the MAF sends a signal to the LH box to send the DESIGNED amount of fuel based on air mass. It is almost certainly not optimal for maximum power production.

I believe LH2.2 is as tunable as LH2.4, though I have no experience with it.

Yes, the MAF is part of the LH2.2 system.
I was always under the impression that at wot lh went into open loop and it would fire the injectors to the max.

1990 240dl Kaplhenke Coilover Daily
1991 245+16 Valve Turbo Microsquirt
Need Hyundai or Genesis parts? PM me for Genuine Hyundai or Genesis parts
Marvelous3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:09 AM   #31
VB242
A tough rowing ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous3 View Post
I was always under the impression that at wot lh went into open loop and it would fire the injectors to the max.
You can use slightly larger injector, Ford brown top injectors are what I used (pm me if you're interested in buying my used ones) with 2.2 but you have to adjust the maf for it to idle and cruise properly. You'll also need a wide band O2 sensor, it will make it much easier to adjust the maf.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:56 AM   #32
shoestring
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous3 View Post
Nope. At WOT (and proper coolant temperature) it references an injector pulse table and sends a corresponding signal. It's nowhere near 100% duty cycle.
shoestring is offline   Reply With Quote