• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MikeSr.'s 242 V-8 project

This is why I'm going to school. To get done, and make money so I can afford to live a life like yours with old V8-Swapped bricks.

Don't be terribly disappointed to discover life doesn't work that way. I never wanted to believe it either.

Ok after taking the holidays off, we worked all day today. Swapped manual pedals and Wilwood clutch master cylinder. Very tedious work- MikeJr. Did some nice surgery on the pedals, and adapted a Trans-am shifter to the T-56.
It felt good to get a good day's work in.

Thought I'd update this thread since I got some stuff done today

149351424.jpg

149351458.jpg

149351462.jpg

149351464.jpg

149351491.jpg

149351506.jpg

149351512.jpg

150400010.jpg

150400012.jpg

150400013.jpg

150400018.jpg

Last edited:
Read somewhere to keep it at 30 or below and mine is at 30 but I could use a little more header clearance. I guess as long as it doesn't bind doesn't matter

Glad to see another LS swapped 200 series, and another running a t56! While they are slightly heavier, and slightly "sloppier" than a t5, you won't ever have to worry about breaking it unless you go power adder (possibly). For the price of a built t5, you can have a t56 setup that will handle twice the power, and still get 30mpg's on the highway.

I wish I would have seen this thread before, there is a way to keep the reverse lockout solenoid without cutting your tunnel right there. You can basically pull it apart, and make a compact design out of it. There are a ton of threads on ls1tech. I just deleted mine, with my MGW shifter, you would have to be retarted to try to put it in 6th.

You should consider the ls6 valley cover. Well worth the $75. And from what I've read, there is a lot of porting that can be done with the ls2 intakes.

More of Jr.'s good work. Those u-joints are compact hot rod swivels that are really trick. We tried to use an extra stock u-joint, but the angle was to much and it was binding. Those work great.
Now the car is a roller and final assembly is next.
Time to start adding the pile of parts I have accumulated.

Back