• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ford 3.7 V6, Mustang-F150?

off topic slightly (sorry) but aluminum 5.3s aren't impossible to come by, a lot of later trucks, trailblazer based SUVs (buicks, saabs, evoys etc.) 300hp at the wheels is very likely to happen on accident (throw in a cam and you're way past that). That being said, I bet the 3.7 is a little bit lighter...I've always been under the impression that duratec v6s are/were/remain pretty light

Something smells funny here " 41lbs per liter displacement" that's ~151 lbs lol... I agree that its a lightweight engine but a line must be drawn

Maybe they were talking just the block? The 1.2 pounds per HP works out to 360 pounds, and that's the figure I found for a complete engine. The mains are cross bolted which should help.

This is the same basic motor as the 3.5 Ecoboost. I am assuming that they thickened up the cylinders on the Ecoboost to stop ballooning, but that is just a guess.

In a light car this thing would be a riot, they just like to rev. Kind of reminds me of my Mazda3, at its happiest when you are driving the snot out of it.

Back