• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Buchka 242 Street Car

Ive done it that way previously and have advised others to do it. Worked for me and them, hell i had my car registered in guam for a while with cali plates

I approve. Strenuously.

Careful; I don't want to be the one responsible for you pulling any mental muscles or throwing out your back, requiring a backiotomy.

Our shop liability insurance won't cover that. Rancho Dominguez' zip code may be one digit off from Beverly Hills but that's where the similarities end.

Having had a HY35 on a header and a GT3071R on a OEM manifold, I can honestly say the difference is night and day. Maybe even in different solar systems. The GT is just so much better in every regard, power EVERYWHERE. I'm beyond thrilled to try my GTX3067R, I think on your motor it should absolutely rule Karl.

Having had a HY35 on a header and a GT3071R on a OEM manifold, I can honestly say the difference is night and day. Maybe even in different solar systems. The GT is just so much better in every regard, power EVERYWHERE. I'm beyond thrilled to try my GTX3067R, I think on your motor it should absolutely rule Karl.

That's nice to hear. I'm pretty damn excited about this turbo.

Got some more tuning in last night. Really need two people to make it effective though.

I originally loaded all of Homer's maps in the car. He's running the same injectors, so the fuel table has been totally decent. I had a pretty serious brainfart and didn't modify the spark map at all. I was running way too much timing. Backed everything off a few degrees and it seems much happier.

I did about a dozen runs up and down the street and worked my way up to about 5000 RPM and 170kpa. At that point it started stuttering. When I pulled over I noticed the battery voltage had nosedived to about 11.5V. I replaced the alternator a few months ago with a brand new junkyard unit, so I'm not sure what's going on right now. My exciter wire might have popped out, but I didn't see anything obvious in the engine bay.

Karl​, Buddy READ MY MESSAGES

Ive been waiting over 6 MONTHS for my parts and you no longer respond to my messages?
Ive had to message people all over the forum to find out what the hell is happening.

Id like my parts Karl, Ive paid a LOT of money for this stuff and id like it SOON

Months of the alternator not working really sapped my motivation, so I haven't been spending much time on the car. I think it's finally been resolved though. The woodruff key was missing from the pulley, so today I got a new one and also tightened the **** out of the belt. This is the first time it's ever been up to 14V. It still falls off slightly when the car heats up, so I think I just need to tighten it a bit more. This is huge for me. I finally feel motivated to work on it again.

Anyway, since I could finally wind it out I did an inaugural burnout (that included clutch smoke). Potato cam: https://instagram.com/p/6LqnDJlIqp/

The front brakes are downright scary. The steering wheel shudders so badly that it almost gets torn out of your hands. Fixing that is now high on the list.

It desperately needs a better exhaust. The 3" side exit is heinously loud. I'm also going to replace the blow-off valve. The DIY stromberg dump works really well, but it makes the riciest whoosh ever. Not my thing.

Coolover build is also coming along. I've got a full set of koni yellows, spindles with chrome-moly strut tubes, coleman threaded inserts, camber plates, and spring perch bearings. I still need to buy front and rear springs. Thinking 336lbs/in front with tenderizers. Not sure on the rear rate yet. Probably whatever Homer is running.

For the clutch I'm probably going to get one of Josh's offerings. Might convert to hydraulic while I'm at it.

Missing the woodruff key so the pulley was just free spinning? Oh man that's one of those things that's so simple that it really pisses you off when you find it.

Glad you got that solved! I'm working on my project for you guys still. Going to have to bug you about those coil overs... I'm going to need to do a set too. ;)

Nothing terribly interesting to report. Replaced all the calipers, pads, and front rotors over the weekend. Servicing brakes is literally the worst thing in the world.

Since I was buying new stuff anyway, I got vented bits for the front.

IMG_2769.JPG

Haha. It's weird how high it sits. The front suspension only compresses about an inch when it comes down from the lift. It needs to come down a bit, but I kinda dig the overall ride height with these balloon-looking tires. I'll probably just lower the front end to match the rear.

Back