• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Need help with idle issues

hdBattousai

Trying to adjust/increase idle but my idle screw has apparently been maxed since I've owned the car. It idles at 750rpms like this. How do I adjust it back to stock so I can use the screw to adjust idle properly? Why would my car idle a 750rpms with idle screw at max?

Short story, threw in RSI stage 1 cam and trying to up idle 2 900, car starts then stops on cold, starts hot and drops to 200rpms then slowly climbs to ~600 rpms. Cold start if I go kart it till I go into second gear and release gas it drops then regulates to 750rpms, dies if I let go anywhere in first tho without hitting second.

Recently replaced iac
Right this moment I'm replacing ecu temp sensor and tps

hahaha i see an airflow meter!!!! bwahahaha This guy is BONED. Your car has been hacked. Good luck to you over in Arizona.

Oh yeah derp 1992 240. B230f lh 2.4
Pumps tested good. Regulator is a year old. Replace IAC a month ago and that didn't help, actually seems to have gotten worse since. Tested another iac and no IAC same issue. Just replaced tps and ecu temp sensor. Timing is spot on...

where exactly would this mysterious airmeter be at...? Or are you referring to the maf? MAF is 2 years old, recently cleaned and tested 2 other working Mafs with no change

It fuggin hanging from the tbody. Is this car another "AZ special"?

You can try to adjust the idle all you want on LH2.4 huey

Yeah, this is the issue. LH2.4 will set the idle at ~750 rpm and fight like buggery to keep it there. All you are doing by winding the stop screw forward like that is buggering up the throttle plate setting and probably interfering with the setting of the idle switch.

yeah just leave idle screw all nice and dirty and dont go buggerin' tamperin' with it. FIX CORE ISSUE. which is.....we have no blimey idea!

yeah just leave idle screw all nice and dirty and dont go buggerin' tamperin' with it. FIX CORE ISSUE. which is.....we have no blimey idea!

My thoughts have turned to this exactly, not messing with it till I find core issue, that's what eludes me tho! So I swapped tps, IAC, maf, ecu temp,regulator, injectors and nothing fixed it so now I'm at a loss. Short of fuel pumps but there relatively new and this issue has existed since before I changed those. Fuel filter has maybe 5k miles on it. Priming the crap outta the system doesn't change anything...

I'm at a loss at this point :(

I've owned car 6 years was a family car from Illinois so no "AZ special" here just my old beater I've put thru the ringer and just keeps going!

Without the car here in front of me I am at a loss too, dude. "We" can figur it out. There are links for dialing in the Tbody, but that will NOT be the core issue.

"click-click" (parts shotgun being loaded)

Ok, for starters get the throttle body and TPS adjusted properly. As it is I'd wager the TPS never returns to idle so the ECU never actually knows its supposed to be idling, which will make the idle control go spastic. Go from there.

Once you get the throttle body and TPS set up as per the book (check the 700/900 FAQ on brickboard for details, they have it spelled out in easy to digest bites) you can start to look at any other potential issues. You will need a muti-meter or something that you can use to determine continuity to properly set the TPS. Properly set the TPS, it's important to your idle control. I know I keep on about it, but that's for a reason.

I concur with Bruce ^^^. Nothing wrong with a dialing in a good base idle setting.

However, chances are you are chasing your tail in this situation.

OK, done for the night but as soon as I can get to a multi I'll recheck the tps after some thorough reading of brick board. Thanks guys!!!

Side note its in the same place as when I first got the car, it ran fine then but I beat the CRAP outta it haha but yeah IMA check that. Frankly my only concern is that she keeps running for the next 3-6 months after that I got ms3, warlboro, new engine etc etc but if I can't get to work then that's not happening :(

Dude that would be epic!!! Haha yeah I'll keep u updated tho as I go.

As I said she just needs to get me from a to b for the next few months then a FULLY rebuilt b23 is going in with aw71 highly modded, ms3, 18t (for now) and blah blah blah haha

28 :e-shrug:

Back