• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Whiteblock RWD Trans Swap...Bell Housing Adapters?

that's a bunch of crap. just because you know your **** doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it.

All of these topics have been discussed several times over, I think the reaction from those who are not taking the time to effectively search for understanding sometimes warrants a little backlash.
The guys are just being honest.

that's a bunch of crap. just because you know your **** doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it.

I'll take that first part of your post as a compliment.

As for the last, I think you're confused. I may have some stupid "rep" as someone with an abrasive personality, but I have about 6500 posts on turbobricks, the vast majority of which have been made in the interest of disseminating information, help, and to further the knowledge of this place. What the **** have you given to this community, besides shortsighted comments judging a long-term contributor?

The slave cylinder is the same on the M90 as the M47/6. Use the manual stuff from a 700/900.

Cool....yeah, figured there had to be a clutch pedal assembly that'd be in another Brick.

Gotta start piecing this together, one by one.

The slave cylinder is the same on the M90 as the M47/6. Use the manual stuff from a 700/900.

This^

I had to modify my 740 pedal box a bit, (elongated bolt holes and changed the brake light switch mount) but it worked no problem. Master and slave cylinders are the same as 740s. Don't even have to change the brake reservoir, it already has the capped hose piece on it for the clutch master. Just cut it open and slip a hose on it. I was blown away by how easy the swap was.

Older thread, I know.

But bump for some great ideas!!!!

In my area it looks like the Toyota trans might be the way to go. Rice is plentiful here.

I used the kl racing adapter (great people btw, speak english better than americans, shipped to colorado no problem) with a getrag from an e28 with a e21 pilot bearing (fits in white motor crank perfectly) 850r flywheel machined to bolt on m3 pressure plate and disc.

Which e28 gearbox Mr. Blewregaurd? Im thinking of an alternative to the M90 and T5, not a whole lot of info on any of the bimmer boxes

Which e28 gearbox Mr. Blewregaurd? Im thinking of an alternative to the M90 and T5, not a whole lot of info on any of the bimmer boxes

I cant remember the exact model number, but it was a 5 speed from a 6cyl car. The difference on the e28 trans compared to the other 260s is that the input shaft is just a bit longer to make up for the extra thickness from the bellhousing adapter. Flip through the build thread, there are some pictures of the install. http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=270622

Back