• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Jealous of the rotisserie! I want to give a 242 shell that treatment next time around.

I'm constantly watching Craigslist and Kijiji for one. I haven't seen one pop up in the last two years I've been watching. They go on sale at the tool store randomly for about 1200$ Canadian. Just can't bring my self to buy one.

I'm constantly watching Craigslist and Kijiji for one. I haven't seen one pop up in the last two years I've been watching. They go on sale at the tool store randomly for about 1200$ Canadian. Just can't bring my self to buy one.

I know exactly how you feel. I had this guy ask if I was ever going to sell one of my new model Guitars on amazon. Long story short, instead of doing amazon I told him buy me the rotisserie and I'll just call it even for the guitar.

The upside for me is the new model is about 450-500 in hardware. I ate the labor and it worked out great for everyone!

165243073.jpg

Too much stuff inside the car and loose sheet metal to go any further over but SUCCESS! Huzzah.

While the body dolly is free, gling to up the caster size again to make it a bit easier to roll in and out of the trailer. Hopefully the body guy is ready for it!

I made my rotisserie from about $100 of steel. It doesn't have castors or jacks to adjust height, but dang it makes restoring a shell better.

Ewww Gross...

another car by Doug Kauer:-P

stellar stuff as always. And OMGWTFBBQ to the guitar line. I just got on the back board after 10 years idle so...ya. All news to me. Congrats (a little late)

Ewww Gross...

another car by Doug Kauer:-P

stellar stuff as always. And OMGWTFBBQ to the guitar line. I just got on the back board after 10 years idle so...ya. All news to me. Congrats (a little late)

Thanks bud!!

No real car progress but I've started making progress in the new garage. Finished off the last of the storage cabinets, making progress on the bench and cut in 26 can lights with 5000k LED bulbs. It's sufficiently bright now.

165358836.jpg

165358837.jpg

I also split my bench up some:
165358835.jpg

The main bench runs wall to wall and has 3 cabinets (two full drawer stacks and 1 door cabinet) then the middle is on casters to create a rolling bench I can move around the garage. The last thing to do is pull that fluorescent light, put an extra ceiling fan I have up there instead and move the light to over the bench.

The nice thing is with the cans I was able to put them much closer to the perimeter of the garage. My old house, while I had a ton of lights, they were basically right over each car. That meant that I did a great job lighting the roof and hood, but the hood open blocked it and you couldn't really see down the sides the way I wanted. Much better now.

You should write a claus in to have me inspect it before it gets painted. I can guarantee them another 10-20hrs of work. :lol:

I don't know, I've gotten pretty anal about paint work in the last 10 years ;)

166074338.jpg

This shop does good work, they actually want to do it and is next door to the shop. After 4 years of spinning my wheels trying to find someone to do paint it (or inversely having the money or time when someone wants it) I'd take leopard print hydrodip at this point.

Protip: Make sure you roll the fenders BEFORE painting.

Done and done.

It's really straight for what it is but still needs a pretty decent amount of body work (mainly doors/fenders/hatch). One floor pan was a bit thin after media blasting so I have a new panel for them to patch with. Rear butt cheeks look like they got backed over curbs, hoping them can bang them reasonably round again.

I kept thinking about doing the body work but I just hate doing it plus I've been so busy with work, the kids (Max is in kindergarden now!), the new house etc I'm just letting them deal with it. I also kept putting this off because I wanted to be able to have the cash to pay for it all up front but that's dumb.. I've never had a car like this that was ever done quickly so time to stop stressing about it.

Over all, I've handed over much, much worse to body shops on past projects. Even they were surprised how straight and clean it was.

gsellstr said:
So that shop is getting a killer set of cabinets and a Kauer for shop use? lol

Glad to see it's finally out for paint! Whaddya think, at Davis 2020?

Nope, this one is straight from the pocket book.

Davis 2020 might actually be about right.

Deadlines create compromises. Just take your time and it'll get done when it's done.
Or give them a month it will be done, and don't tell them the year. ;-)

I told them when it's done it's done. They longer they take (within reason) the easier it is to pay for it.

Honesty if it was there a year (and I figure it will be) that's fine.

And life's full of compromises.

Funny you say 'when it's done, it's done'. I've been saying that for 20 years on the 140 and it STILL ain't done. lol

In the next year or two I may be looking for a shop to do some paint work, might hit you up for a name for the place. My Dodge is getting some rust going, the wagon, well, you've seen it. lol

Hey, I remember this car! Exciting progress, can't wait to see it in paint. There's only a few projects on here that have had real body work and paint done and it's always a treat.

Back