• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Buchka 242 Fake Racecar

Looks great as usual! How will you be making the exhaust manifolds? Just regular welding of tubes etc, or also metal 3D printing?

Thanks! They will be printed from Inconel 625 in several pieces, then welded together.

I checked that vid yesterday my jaw dropped to the floor.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IUp3oCGZOzk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amazing how this 3D printing is evolving!

I checked that vid yesterday my jaw dropped to the floor.

Amazing how this 3D printing is evolving!

Yeah, absolutely. Coincidentally, the shop featured in that Papadakis video is the same shop that's printed our intake manifold and will be printing our exhaust manifolds. They do amazing work.

I officially rename this thing "Fabrication Masturbation".

It will never see the light of day as much as you guys keep changing ish! lol.

Oh yeah, Elon gave us a Merlin Thruster from one of his old Falcon 9's. Anyway, we're welding that in beside the Mr. Fusion.......

Some updates:

The primary structure is now completely done. Every single joint in the chassis that you can see is finish welded.
p871KPgh.jpg

Ordered a sequential shift lever. The mount is almost finished, so pics of that will be posted soon-ish. A Hollinger or Xtrac lever would have been slightly less work to integrate, but their offerings are all mega-dollars, so we opted for a Tractive lever. It also happens to be made in Sweden. Go nationalism.
OLu8yYJh.jpg

Found a smoking deal on dampers. Double adjustable ?hlins ILX36. We lucked out on the lengths too, so they'll just need revalving. We bought a set of five, so don't be alarmed about the odd one out.
0jUrucQh.jpg

Got the first prototype circuit boards in for the Stack brain transplant. Dual CAN bus, OLED display, button inputs, and a gear indicator output. It also has support for data logging to an SD card, but I'm not sure I'll bother implementing that.
szUIBvbh.jpg

hjuy6Cmh.jpg

N8VTU11h.jpg

Comparison with the original board.
jiyGvBgh.jpg

Here's a short video showing off the latest firmware on the Stack dash. It shows boot up menu, configuration options, and one of the display pages.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/btSXuNPXOKk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The menu pops up if you hold down one of the buttons while powering the display. RX set, CAN baud rate, shift light RPM, and last display page are all stored in nonvolatile memory and are automatically recalled if you don't enter the boot menu.

Back