• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

flat-back or super-back turbocharger rebuild kit?

dans77b

hi all. posted a while ago about a smoking issue which i now believe to be a bad turbo. Im planning on using one of the rebuild kits for the td04 on my '94 940 2 litre turbo.(b200ft according to haynes)

does anybody know how i can tell if my turbo is of the flat back or super back type without stripping it down?

i want to keep the car drivable until i am ready to do the actual rebuild because it is blocking other cars in the driveway...

Oo thanks, I've been looking on goigle and didnt find anywhere saying it is actually stamped on the unit, it dark now but Ill take a look in the morn.

Thanks for info, can you elaborate, for info purposes?

All the td04 turbo rebuilds kits are basically the same except the middle insert(which can be reused if you wanted to, picture below, insert circled red). This is a kit that is specific to your turbo 13c td04h:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi...ebuild+kit&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

43268049234_437d538f7c_z.jpg

Back