• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Avoiding Boost Spikes B5254T2 \ K24 \ Stock ECU

955IsAlive

I have a burned valve and a worn turbo in our XC90 2.5T.
Decided **k it, I'll drop a K24 in there and get a tune. But it'll be a few weeks before I'll be able to get that done.

I want to be sure I don't send the rods out the block. From what I understand, the stock ECU map won't react quickly enough to avoid the spikes.

Would looping the pipes at the TCV to keep the turbo at wastegate pressure help?

Update..... K24 appeared to be well within adaptation of stock ECU and it had no issues whatsoever managing boost with it.
I had R injectors and MAF on there and fuel trims are showing -19% or so. It's got plenty of fuel. I have about 6000 miles on it so far.

If for some reason you felt compelled, or had to for a short time, I suspect the K24 with stock MAF and injectors would be within adaptation of the ECU, even though the K24 flows a bit more at a given PSI compared to the TDO4-14T. I may validate that theory before I get it tuned.

Back