• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rich raises the bar on the 7/9 LS Turbo game - 901 RWHP!!!

so does it cost real money to make that much power, or is even 900+ becoming "cheap" (a relative term of course)

Some real money that's probably more than most of TB wants to spend but still low buck compared to other cars out there.

He's got a set of Bosch 210 injectors. Those run around $400-500 for a set of 8. Plus the pump(s), new bigger lines, flex fuel setup. He's got a decent bit of money in the fuel system. The rest of the stuff is priced pretty reasonably. $800 billet 80mm. I'm sure he's got an aftermarket converter too.

Some real money that's probably more than most of TB wants to spend but still low buck compared to other cars out there.

He's got a set of Bosch 210 injectors. Those run around $400-500 for a set of 8. Plus the pump(s), new bigger lines, flex fuel setup. He's got a decent bit of money in the fuel system. The rest of the stuff is priced pretty reasonably. $800 billet 80mm. I'm sure he's got an aftermarket converter too.

So normal stuff. I probably have more into a 350whp redblock lol

600whp builds seem normal so wasn’t sure if 900whp is more of the same or a whole different world (internals beadwork etc)

So normal stuff. I probably have more into a 350whp redblock lol

600whp builds seem normal so wasn?t sure if 900whp is more of the same or a whole different world (internals beadwork etc)

The engine is an unopened 6.0 that I bought with the transmission for $700. Add Cam, valve springs and a chinese 80mm turbo and the power is there. Where, IMO, it gets a little pricey is building the support to hold the power (torque converter/ trans etc). I would guess total for the entire car with the fuel system, wiring, ecu etc. I have somewhere around 8k in it. Now labor is a whole other subject!

The engine is an unopened 6.0 that I bought with the transmission for $700. Add Cam, valve springs and a chinese 80mm turbo and the power is there. Where, IMO, it gets a little pricey is building the support to hold the power (torque converter/ trans etc). I would guess total for the entire car with the fuel system, wiring, ecu etc. I have somewhere around 8k in it. Now labor is a whole other subject!

labor is free!

thanks for the insight. Wow that is a lot of power per dollar!!

Labor isn't free. It was $14.99 shipped.

I have more money into my 123GT and it sits in the barn not even making it's 115hp. :lol:

Thanks for sharing such a fun build!

A great part is that if a fuel pump fails to deliver enough fuel, or an oil filter collapses, or whatever and he vents the block, almost all of that gets reused, it's jsut another barely touched common as dirt (close) junkyard longblock that is needed. Not some long build with shiny $$$$ parts and long careful engine builds. Just fresh from the junkyard - take the heads off, swap the cam and valve springs, slap it back together, back to the races.

A friend of mine started getting into the turbo LS game a few years ago. Making 1070 whp on a very similar setup it seems. He's having a lot of fun dropping turbo ls engines into everything he sees:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO_sWXPxXqI

A great part is that if a fuel pump fails to deliver enough fuel, or an oil filter collapses, or whatever and he vents the block, almost all of that gets reused, it's jsut another barely touched common as dirt (close) junkyard longblock that is needed. Not some long build with shiny $$$$ parts and long careful engine builds. Just fresh from the junkyard - take the heads off, swap the cam and valve springs, slap it back together, back to the races.

Bingo. The engines are dirt cheap... It is all the stuff hanging off them for conversions purposes that adds up.

FWIW the most recent Engine Masters (aired on MTOD Wednesday) took a 5.3 through the paces NA stock, stock +boost, NA head&cam, and head&cam +boost. Interesting as always. My only beef is that they whore Holley crap all the time when not necessary... I know $ponsor$.

so does it cost real money to make that much power, or is even 900+ becoming "cheap" (a relative term of course)

Depends on your budget and how crafty you are. You can easily build a car for 3-4k and make 500whp if you pick and choose your parts well and are doing all the fabrication yourself. I have right under 4k into my turbo ls Fairmont including the cost of the car and it's a riot to drive

Oh you have a LS swapped Volvo? That's wack, cheap and lazy. GTFO!!!

P28x9jk.png

There should be a place like the Performance & Modifications section for this trash. Where all you LS bois can go and play with real and reliable HP.

FTFY

Mogly, I'm failing to see why so butthurt on this topic. Don't like it... Click on the other redblock threads that are lacking HP.

Yeah, the thread title clearly says 'LS'. Although with the title saying '901 hp' I guess it probably doesn't need to say that it's not a redblock anymore.

Don't worry. when the rest of us die, Mogly might be able to finally catch up to where folks were a decade ago in the redblock game.

Back