• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

just one?... what a dick :-P

:no homo:

One, twenty, same thing. My birthday is on the 26th, so I do plan on celebrating if the stupid thing doesn't leave me stranded on the way there.

Also, project update:

clutch in, gas tank in, fuel lines plumbed up, need to run fuel pump wiring. Yoshifab throwout bearing does not work with this fork. Spent several hours slotting it, still doesn't fit. Threw in the towel at 5 AM.

Now I'm exhausted.

B230 is in. Should have it fired up tonight. Leaf through the album below for musings:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/8LCPE"><a href="//imgur.com/8LCPE">Engine shoehorn</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This weekend. Oil pressure check.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/54Hcel-ursk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Everything hooked up. Looks like it all works from the getgo. Pretty happy about that:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ye-ZXrwOOiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Going to have to modify the yoshifab T5 crossmember. It does not allow enough room for the exhaust to move around :/

Nice work, I admire your tenacity; give me DD or give me death. Here's to hoping it's getting sorted for the foreseeable future. :cheers:

Thank you for the kind words! Marv, the 16v is definitely an option.

Anyway, did some cutting, intake routing, and interior reassembly last night; opened up a hole to reroute an oil line and notched the exhaust hump on my trans cross member to add clearance, as my exhaust has about 1mm to move around before it makes contact. It's very annoying. A local fabricator is going to box it back up for me.

uDC7TB3h.jpg

hejQsd2h.jpg

WGzcENyh.jpg

49NqChjh.jpg

Back