• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

95 940 EZK To turbo

Marek

Considering picking up a 95 940, running EZK thus NA. I remember there being a member that had gotten a +T running off of EZK but encountered some issues. Can't seem to be able to find the thread.

Car is in awesome condition but I'll just get bored and want to have fun, make it a semi DD.

Would it make sense to convert to LH? Has anyone done it before? Any experiences with +T's on EZK?

I wouldn't want to make it a mess, specially that the AC on the car is in perfect working condition.

I don't have time for another project, want a quick way out to make it funner.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

What you do is swap out to the 148 turbo EZK is all and the turbo ecu (954,967,937) and say v70 high impedance injectors and the turbo and the intercooler and the oil cooler. Done. Only problem being a plus tee might need custom EZK chip as it's higher compression. I have custom plus tee EZK chips. Less timing up top compared to stock turbo ezk ignition map. But you can run say 7lbs with the stock 148.

Isn't the car already LH 2.4? All 940's in the states are. NA or turbo.

Could it be Rex/Regina used in 1994-95? Is the distributor mounted to the side of the engine block, and not on the back of the head?

Rex/Regina was from 1989-1995 on NA federal emissions 7/9 series. This doesn't mean sold in one of the 49 States but built for sale for these states. I have owned a few Regina n/a cars.

What you do is swap out to the 148 turbo EZK is all and the turbo ecu (954,967,937) and say v70 high impedance injectors and the turbo and the intercooler and the oil cooler. Done. Only problem being a plus tee might need custom EZK chip as it's higher compression. I have custom plus tee EZK chips. Less timing up top compared to stock turbo ezk ignition map. But you can run say 7lbs with the stock 148.

Isn't the car already LH 2.4? All 940's in the states are. NA or turbo.

As simple as that? Even if I decide to eventually swap in an FT?

EZK is the ignition control box used with LH fuel ECU. Do you mean Motronic?

Could it be Rex/Regina used in 1994-95? Is the distributor mounted to the side of the engine block, and not on the back of the head?
yup

Rex/Regina was from 1989-1995 on NA federal emissions 7/9 series. This doesn't mean sold in one of the 49 States but built for sale for these states. I have owned a few Regina n/a cars.

Exactly that.

Just never went through the process of changing the full harness.

If I'd ever need to replace an entire harness, I wouldn't even bother stay the redblock route.

Thank ya kindly for the input, will inquire in regards of the 940. If not I will be looking in the 960/S90 route!

Cheers

Back