• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Intake manifold compatibility

TravisZ28

Does anyone know if an intake manifold manufactured for a B18/B20 engine would fit a b 23 cylinder head. I'm looking for a budget way to convert to a carb on my b 23 and have found several inexpensive intake manifolds on eBay but they all say that they're designed for a p 18 / B20 engine.

Get a dcoe manifold from china (aliexpress) and some knock off dcoe 45s (FAJS). That's one of the cheapest ways to do it, and it's still going to be $700-850.

Yeah, not at all close (EDIT: referring to OHV manifolds on OHC motors). They did come with carbs in other markets, including Canada. Might be something available for cheap from there? Also - Penta OHC motors used carbs.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the help. I am gonna investigate either making a marine manifold work or getting the pierce manifold.

I have a penta intake and carb sitting next to me at the shop right now. It came off a 93 b230 also known as a aq151 penta. you can PM me and we can figure something out for purchase if you want.

Back